This week at
it's Kate's first challenge of the year and she's going with songs from Queen for 2023 (last year it was songs from The Beatles) and she's saying, "Somebody To Love!" which is a pretty fitting challenge with Feb. 14th a week away.
This is what I did......
I used an adorable digi from LauraInguz on Etsy. The shop is from Madrid, so the sentiment that came with the image was in Spanish, and it read: siempre de la mano. Now, since the only Spanish I know is what I picked up from Dora the Explorer back in the day...after all, we don't get exposed to much Spanish here in Canada.....I ran the sentiment through Google Translate and it came back with: always hand in hand. I'm guessing that's not the exact translation....I mean, seeing as the translation uses the word hand twice, while the sentiment does not have any words that repeat. I would love to hear from anyone who does know Spanish to let me know....well...why. And the actual translation if Google didn't get it quite right. Thanks!
So, why not give our challenge a go this week and join us? And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.
Also for:
Critter Crazy: anything with a critter goes
Incy Wincy: Valentines
Crafty Catz: anything goes
Creative Fingers: anything goes
Double Trouble: love is in the air
Craft Rocket: love
Through the Purple Haze: anything goes
Try It On Tuesday: all you need is love
A Place to Start: anything goes
Crafting Happiness: love
Dream Valley: add some bling
Make My Monday: love is in the air
Simon Says: love is in the air
613 Avenue Create: anything goes
Dragonfly Dreams: love
Allsorts: I love....my Prismacolor pencils and cute images!
Sweet Stampin': love
Crafty Gals Corner: add a heart
Double D: hearts
Ellibelle's: anything goes
Fab 'n' Funky: hearts/Valentines
The Sisterhood of Crafters: hearts
Cupcake Inspirations: Valentine's Day

Bunny and Bear going hand and hand...that is so sweet! I love the background paper you used.
ReplyDeleteLOve the cute images and really pretty P,paper
ReplyDeleteCarol x
Adorable, sweet couple going hand in hand Jan, gorgeous card,.love the pretty papers too..
ReplyDeleteLuv CHRISSYxx
Ahhhhh...that's so cute! Love the interspecies couple; what a nice feeling this digi has to it (I'm going to check this artist out). Love the paper piecing on the scarves that coordinate so well with your paper. The little gold hearts are the perfect finishing touch.
ReplyDeleteA super cute card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.
ReplyDeleteB x
Super cute card. I love how you've co-ordinated their scarves with that gorgeous design paper.
ReplyDeleteThis is such an adorable card. Those cute images just make me smile, they just could NOT be an cuter. Lots of wonderful work here and great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure. Hope we see you back again soon!
ReplyDeleteJudy~ DD DT
This is such a sweet card. Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx
ReplyDeleteThis card is pure delight - the animals are so fun for Valentines Day. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a cute image and fab little card. Thank you for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
ReplyDeleteLorraine
Awesome Card. Thank you for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.
ReplyDeleteTammi, Cupcake Inspirations Challenge DT Member
Oh, Jan, this is a wonderful card! The images are perfectly colored and the patterned paper is sooo pretty. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #131.
ReplyDeleteWow such a lovely card so cute. TFS over at 613 this month - Elaine DT
ReplyDeleteHow sweet is this!?!?!? I love the images and the DP, too! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges!
ReplyDeleteJan, your card is so adorable! I don't know what the exact Spanish phrase means, but your translation is perfect for the two friends!! Thank you so much for sharing your card and creative talents with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna
ReplyDeleteSuper cute card image! Sorry I can't help with the exact translation either but what google gave you works beautifully with the image.
ReplyDeleteSo great to see you at my Crafty Wednesday challenge, thanks so much for joining in!!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner
Such an adorable card.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining in with us at Fab'n'Funky challenges.
Buffy (DT) xx
such a fun card and a super cute image.
ReplyDeletethanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams.
Fi
x
Even if the translater is wrong, love the sentiment. Adorable images and cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.
ReplyDeleteCute card. Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month for our Pick a Pallete challenge
ReplyDeleteOh! Those little hand-holding friends are precious!! And I like the sentiment you've ended up with. I do have a limited understanding of Spanish and believe the translation would be "More guacamole for the nachos, please".
ReplyDeleteOh, this is just so sweet (going to have to give Laura a visit). As for the Spanish, I lived in Houston, Texas for over 20 years (I picked up a few words, but have no credibility at all) and totally agree with Kateʻs translation. What a great card!
ReplyDeleteaw..this is so adorable. Lovely colouring and such a pretty design paper. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K x
ReplyDeleteThose two are just too cute holding paws together! Love the background colors too. Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations! Nance, CIC DT
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute! I love how you shared about the sentiment being in Spanish. I speak a bit of spanish and my daughter is fluent. Certain sentiments don't always translate exactly like we would think into English. The sentiment is perfect as you put it though! Thank you for sharing this super sweet card at Double Trouble :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute image and a great card.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at the Critter Crazy Challenge.
Helen x
DT
Oh so cute. Love your coloring and the darling images. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner, Make my Monday, Crafty Catz.
ReplyDelete