Wednesday, April 22, 2026

Happy Earth Day! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Brenda's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "Happy Earth Day!" and would like to celebrate by seeing your projects with reused or recycled items.

This is what I did.....


I always keep those store-bought cards that I like or find interesting that are given to me for Christmas.  So, this is what the original card looked like.....


As you can see, I ripped out it's insides and then mounted it on some patterned paper. I did keep what I didn't use....pretty sure I'll be using those elements at some point.  Added a sentiment from My Favorite Things and heat embossed with white embossing powder and that was that.

Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

Also for:

Craft Rocket:  layer it up
613 Avenue Create:  anything goes
Peace on Earth:  anything Christmas goes
Crafty Catz:  anything goes
Creative Fingers:  anything goes
CRAFT:  anything goes
A Place to Start:  anything goes

11 comments:

  1. Very clean and very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful recycled project and card Jan, love how you ripped apart the card..lol..sounds quite brutal but the end result is just gorgeous..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!! What a fabulous idea!! Your upcycled elements look wonderful on your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent upcycle, Jan!!! I agree about reusing things from cards you've received and this lovely creation of yours proves the point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Jan and brilliant recycling. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start.
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. This is amazing! You were very wise to hang on to that amazing card---and now someone else will be able to enjoy that sweetness! I love your recycling, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG how clever of you Jan! This is gorgeous! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace on Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Peace on Earth Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have also kept the card and your reuse is great, Jan !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE>/a>

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that's so clever. I love the starry sky on your remake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great up cycle! It would even be fun to try and reproduce using die cuts. Your remodel is absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a peaceful little winter village! I really love the clean look of your recycled card! Thank you so much for playing along with 613 Avenue Create. Rosi x
    You might also be interested in these two challenge blogs
    The Little Things
    Dream Factory

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.