Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Cut It Out! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Chrissy's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "Cut It Out!" which just means that she would like to see die cuts on your Christmas/winter project!

This is what I did.....


The be jolly die cut (cut from glitter fun foam) is from Stamplorations, as are the rectangle dies.  Now, I know, you're probably looking at the screen right now saying, "But, JanR, don't rectangles have 2 x 2 equal sides, not 4 equal sides?  Are you sure you didn't use a square die?"  Welp, let's just say this is a bit of a Frankenstein's Monster card.  I had originally intended to make this card rectangle shaped using the new yummy dies I just received from Stamplorations.  But then I found this PERFECT reindeer paper and HAD to use it...but there was only scraps of it left.  If you look closely at the right side of the card, you'll see that, not only did I not have enough paper for height, I also didn't have enough paper for width so I had to trim a different scrap and line it up with the first scrap, and then tape it onto a scrap piece of cardstock to have enough width.  Then, I had to cut that scrap into smaller pieces so I'd have two pieces to "stretch" it or else I would have ended up with a card that was....let me see here....just slightly taller than my middle finger in height.  [Someone stole my ruler so we're going with finger-length units of measure today.  Plus, I am LOVING thinking that at least some of you will be giving yourself (or my blog post) THE finger while you visually figure out how tall the card would be.]  Of course, if I had of known with all that finagling I'd end up with a card that was basically the same size as my stitched square dies, then I would have just went with those instead....though I do love the "wonky" stitches of this die.

I used die cuts for the reindeer too.  I got this package of Mama Elephant clear stamps and dies from Michaels at an insane discount....I believe it was $5 for the nine stamps with matching dies.  I KNOW!  Even though digis will always be #1 for me, I could not pass up that deal.  I'm pretty sure these are the only clear stamps with matching dies I own.....probably?  I know one should know what they have in their stash but hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.  I do have a good handle of what's in my crafty supplies but it's not like I've taken inventory.  I'm willing to bet this is the cutest set though.

Why not give our challenge at go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

Also for:

As You Like It:  stencils or dies - Dies!  I love using dies.  Everything from word dies to shape dies.  I hardly ever use stencils because I'm terrible at inking! 
Aud Sentiments:  anything goes + sentiment
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday:  dies or punches
Simon Says:  anything goes
Crafty Sentiments:  anything goes
The Holly & Ivy:  anything Christmas goes
Unicorn Challenge:  Christmas/winter
Dream Valley:  anything goes
Incy Wincy:  traditional Christmas colours
Make My Monday:  cute Christmas
613 Avenue Create:  anything goes
Dragonfly Dreams:  Christmas/winter
Stamping Sensation:  Christmas
Corrosive:  anything goes
We Love Stamping: Christmas
Alphabet Challenge:  Q is for quadruple - 4 bling
Winter Wonderland:  for a child + Christmas

16 comments:

  1. Super cute card, Jan! And aren't you so thrifty?! I say good for you!!! I would not have thought a thing about this card (except how freakin' cute it is) unless you'd told us.Do I know what's in my stash?! Hmmm...(rubbing chin)...no. Just a general idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jan, love the papers and how you measure and those little Deer are adorable and love the sparkly Jolly..what a bargain, I would noy have let it go either..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet Christmas card with the matching images and DP, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super festive card ! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
    https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card, love those little reindeers and your design!
    Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping November challenge with the Christmas theme!
    https://www.welovestamping.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you love a patterned paper, you make everything possible to use it on your card design. The seam is hardly noticeable until you mentioned it. Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Traditional Christmas Colours +/Or Colour On Kraft Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card love the cute reindeer and matching P.paper-now would never have known if you hadn't said anything still looks perfect even though I know lol.Finger measuring is the new way to go!Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue CReate
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet image. Darling papers and card. Love the glitter. So glad you shared over at Make My Monday, Alphabet challenge, Crafty Sentiments, Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's cute. I love the glitzy green sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute holiday card! I really love the adorable image and great coloring. Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute and beautifully done! Love the sparkle! Thank you so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why don't I ever find steals like that at Michaels?! Way to go, Girl!! And your reindeer paper is absolutely darling. Great job with the scraps as it looks like one big piece! Awesomely cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super adorable christmas card, love the cute reindeer. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Greetings,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, this is just too cute, regardless of how it come to be. Sorry I'm late on commenting, for some reason I can only post comments to your blog when I am using Chrome and I wasn't on the right computer yesterday. Late, but none-the-less appreciative of your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is super cute. I love the glitter foam. It give a lovely texture. Thanks for joining my challenge at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.