This week at
it's Imke's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying she wants to see projects that are black and white with just one other colour.
This is what I did.....
It's cards like this that make me love being on a Design Team. (I also love being a LRW DT member because I get to be a part of a group of talented ladies, who are absolutely amazing!!) Would I have ever coloured this stamp from Stamplorations like this if I wasn't using it for this challenge? Nope, I would not have. I wouldn't have had even an inkling to colour it like this, which would have been a shame because I think it makes for a unique Christmas card.
Can I just say, we have been spoiled ROTTEN in midwestern Ontario (Canada) with the weather this year, particularly into late summer/early fall. It rarely rains and temps are very warm. Like *casts look around room* *leans in closer to the screen and whispers*, almost too warm. Definitely might be just me thinking that but I did go on a little tirade to my daughter about how come it's the first time in 13 years she hasn't played league fastball and it's still 25ºC at 9:00pm at night so I wouldn't have had to freeze while watching her play. The weather has started to turn cooler now, though it was still 19ºC on Sunday night at dusk.
My pup has been loving it too as we've almost never had to skip a walk. I had gotten in the habit of taking her for a walk in the morning and in the evening, figuring with rainouts (and needing wait for our country gravel road to dry up) there would be days where she wouldn't get a walk at all and it would all even out. But it never rains....and when it does, it happens in the middle of the day, after our morning stroll and dries by the evening. There's also a chance I might be typing all this as a way to procrastinate going for a walk this morning.....and also, because of the harrowing incident I had last night. When Miley and I got back to the end of our laneway, I was opening our mailbox to get the mail when a moth flew directly in my face at the same time one of our neighbours (who are hunters) shot at something, I yelled "JESUS CHRIST!" so loud I'm pretty sure my Mennonite neighbours won't wave to me the next time I see them.
(:
Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us? And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.
Edited to add: Dear Mother Nature. I sincerely and humbly apologize for saying "almost too warm" in the paragraph above. We do jokes here at Huh. So This is a Blog. From time to time, we try to make corners of the Reader's mouth upturn just a lil titch, I really didn't mean to offend you in any way, shape or form. I do appreciate the lesson you taught me tonight when I walked out of work at 8:30pm and it was 5ºC - thank you. In the future I will strive to be more sensitive and more aware of the tone and messaging of my posts. If you could possibly not do that again, at least not for a month or so, when 5ºC would be a perfectly expected and acceptable temperature, I would be ever so grateful. Thank you for your consideration.
Also for:
Crafty Calendar: anything goes
As You Like It: favourite card base shape - I love making square cards. I think a square card sets it apart from store-bought cards (as they are usually rectangular). I also love my stitched square dies so I use them a lot. (:
Krafty Chicks: stamps
Ellibelle's: anything goes
Merry Little Christmas: anything Christmas goes
A Place to Start: anything goes
613 Avenue Create: anything goes
Peace On Earth: anything Christmas goes

Ha ha ha, you are so funny, but the moth thing I can relate too and iffy neighbours ..and I LOVE your card with fabulous colouring looks amazing..
ReplyDeleteLuv CHRISSYxx
Wow! Stunning card! Love the black, gray and pop of red! Beautiful image! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this past week for our Stamp theme :) Hope you join us again soon.
ReplyDeleteDiane - DT KCC
LMAO...yep, better not mess with Mother Nature. I hope it's warmed up a bit for you. Now as to your card...so elegant! The predominantly monochrome theme with just the hints of red make bring it all together so beautifully. Wonderful coloring of the bells.
ReplyDeleteA fab card with great colouring. Thank you for joining in at AYLI. Lynne DT
ReplyDeleteAmazing coloring on this wonderful christmas card, Jan. I like the pop of RED !
ReplyDeleteImke ~ MY CRAFTYPLACE
Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!
ReplyDeleteHa ha! I definitely got that mouth upturn :o) The weather here (Yorkshire) is warmer than usual too, but wet. Which suits me fine - I love the rain. Buster does need a little persuading sometimes. Thanks for watching my Video to the end - he does like his close up ;o)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, elegant card. It has a lovely Victorian feel to it xx
Hahaha!! I was enjoying the lovely warm temperatures but now I know who to blame for the cooler ones we've been having.
ReplyDeleteYour card really is striking!! I wouldn't have thought to colour Christmas bells like that either - and yet it's a gorgeous look for your card, especially with the pops of red. Brilliant!!
Love your card, the coloring is brilliant! As for Mother Nature, she has been a little fickle, we must do our best to stay on her good side.
ReplyDeleteI cannot even begin to tell you how much I love this design! It is stunning and so very unexpected! Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation with us at A Place to Start!
ReplyDeleteHugz,
Chana
Lovely card. A true masterpiece. Ty for sharing with us at 613 Ave Create.
ReplyDeleteJill
613 Ave Create
DT Member
Hi there, what a wonderful card - love your clean design and pop of colour. Thanks for joining in with us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenges - Sarah, DT.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great way to color the image and add a pop of red. Love how it turned out!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner