This week at
Kate is continuing to take us through Elton John songs and this week it's "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me" which means she wants to see those projects that include a sun.
This is what I did....
Okay....unpopular opinion imminent.....never been a huge fan of the song "You Are My Sunshine". And, that's mostly because of the of the line "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine". Like, pressure much? That person is your only sunshine? The only thing that gives you joy? Have you ever had a Reese's Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Solid Bunny? Or executed a most perfect comeback? Or been holding a newborn and they do that newborn leg scrunch? (Shout out to my grandbaby.) I dunno....maybe you need to get out more and experience new things and perchance....more people?
But, I will say, telling someone, "You make me happy when skies are gray" is an amazing compliment. Like, I'd feel darn good if someone said that to me. Especially if they said it to me with a gold foiled sentiment. Even if it had to be the second go 'round for the sentiment, as the first one, which was also gold embossed and stuck on the card, read "You make me happy when skys are gray".
Something else I want to make comment on.....gray is the American spelling for that light black (or dark white) shade. Grey is the Canadian (usually) and British spelling. Here is a very official discussion about the topic....
Since the song is American, I went with gray....but also because I think gray looks prettier than grey. (:
Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us? And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.
Also for:
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday: anything goes
Fab 'n' Funky: use your die cuts
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie: inspirational photo
As You Like It: favourite type of embossing - I prefer dry/using an embossing folder. I own an entire drawerful of embossing folders....it's a technique I should use more often! Also, I mainly use digi stamps and create my sentiments in Word so I don't have the opportunity to wet emboss often.
A Cut Above: anything goes + die cuts
Can You Handle the Pressure: anything goes + embossing folder
Neglected Stuff: use you neglected stuff - Embossing folder is about five years old and I don't think I've ever used it before this card.
613 Avenue Create: anything goes
Allsorts: what makes you happy - Die is a no made brand from Amazon, patterned paper is Echo Park
Crafty Calendar: add a sentiment
Creative Fingers: anything goes



Such a wonderfully creative card, great sentiment too!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure and The Neglected Stuff!
Diane CYHTP, TNS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}
Enjoyed reading your post Jan, will admit that although I know the British spelling I always ponder on a post when it's written the other way. Very effective card using those dies for your 'grey' card, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.
ReplyDeleteB x
Your card goes so well with the song! Great design. Glad you shared with us at Allsorts Challenge!
ReplyDeleteSweet card to go along with the sentiment. The silver cloud cluster looks great on the "gray" patterned paper. Love the shiny die cut sun too. Thanks for sharing with the June Challenge at A Cut Above.
ReplyDeleteI love your grey and cloudy sky card Jan, looks amazing and fabulous gold foiled sentiment..but I'm with baby smells now, and scrunched up legs..my grandies are all in their 30's now and need new babies, why are they waiting so long..
ReplyDeleteluv CHRISSYxx
Super cute card, Jan, and awesome design! I like how you did the clouds, filling in some with white, and the sun's gold filling, too. Your IMHO made me smile.
ReplyDeleteLove this cute little card! All that texture is so good. I'm going to start spelling light black, dark white, grey all the time. I'll let you guess why. =)
ReplyDeleteSuch a great card for the song theme and loving the colors! There was a discussion on splitcoast stampers years ago about "gray" and "grey" so that is when I learned the difference. I too like the "gray" spelling slightly more :) Great thoughts about the "you are my sunshine" song too :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing at Allsorts as well as my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner
I enjoyed reading your fun post! Creative card & sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us @ 613 Avenue Create.
ReplyDelete...and thanks so much, as well, for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat card and great sentiment too! Your post made me laugh too. Thanks for that!
ReplyDeleteSuper card and a great way of making the grey clouds. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
ReplyDeleteLiz xx