Wednesday, June 25, 2025

Watercolour It! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Chrissy's turn to choose the challenge and she's asking us to "Watercolour It!"  

Oof.  Struggled with this one, I did.  I got out my Walmart watercolour tray of paints and tried a couple of different times to watercolour something simple I could then make a card out of.  Let's just say.....yikes.  So I tried something else....


....and let a piece of patterned paper do the watercolouring for me.  Kept it pretty unadorned as I wanted that lovely paper to take centre stage.  No stamps were harmed with the making of this card.

Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

Also for:

Love Those Pretty Papers:  wedding + patterned paper
613 Avenue Create:  anything goes
Crafty Catz:  use hot colours
Creative Fingers:  anything goes
As You Like It:  sentiment or not? - I prefer to add a sentiment.  In the case of this card, it would be pretty plain without one.
Ellibelle's Garden Party:  anything in or from a garden
Addicted to Stamps:  die cuts
A Cut Above:  anything goes with a die cut
A Place to Start:  anything goes
Neglected Stuff:  I've had that patterned paper in my stash for quite some time.
Simon Says:  anything goes

14 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful way to use those pretty papers, you should enter it into our Word Power challenge too!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Love Those Pretty Papers!
    Diane Co-Owner LTPP
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Love Those Pretty Papers}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihihihi...you crack me up. Super cute card, Jan! Love the pretty floral paper, your crinkly ribbon and the big sentiment. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Jan, I love it, so bright and happy, well done..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card! I love the water color look of this pp. The die cut frame and sentiment are great added details to the design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Cut Above's June Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this. Using that patterned paper is genius, great design!! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at A Cut Above, I hope I we see you back again soon!
    Judy~ ACA CT Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORgeous colours and design. I do so LOve this sentiment die.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your story of how this card came to "be", Jan! I can totally relate - probably most of us have had a similare experience. I love that you went simple and let the paper do the work, pairing it with the bold white sentiment. Thanks for sharing your card in our Die Cuts or Stencils Challenge on the Addicted to Stamps & More Blog. Cathy ATS&M DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your watercoloring experience sounds like mine ** lol **. I like the watercoloring paper. Its a beautiful card.

    Imke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful best wishes card. Love the strong colours. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, watercolor isn't as easy as it sounds. But you've found a solution, and it's a beautiful one! Gorgeous patterned paper - I really love how your card turned out!! Thank you so much for playing along with 613 Avenue Create. Rosi x
    Dream Factory Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you pulled out a really good one. The paper is so pretty and I love that sentiment. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It turned out so beautifully, great mix of colors! So nice to see you again at my Garden Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge too!

      Delete
  13. Watercolour is watercolour - whether it’s your own or patterned paper!! Your card looks great with the big, bright sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.