Wednesday, April 29, 2026

New York State of Mind @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Kate's turn to choose the challenge and she's continuing to have Billy Joel songs inspire the theme with this week being "New York State of Mind" which just means she would like to see those creations with urban scenes, or skylines or even travel.

This is what I did....


I used some building dies (which I think are from Taylored Expressions) and a freebie from Create with TLC to make this scene.

Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

Also for:

The Male Room:  vehicles or transport


Shopping Our Stash:  up, up & away
Sweet Stampin':  Christmas in April
Peace on Earth:  inspirational image
Krafty Chicks:  masculine
Unicorn Challenge:  use dies
A Place to Start:  anything goes
613 Avenue Create:  anything goes
As You Like It:  pastels or brights - I prefer brights as I feel they make more of a visual impact.


Crafty Catz:  anything goes
Simon Says:  anything goes
Tic Tac Toe:  patterned papers, layers, red


17 comments:

  1. Great card, love the dies you used and the color choice is wonderful. Very nicely done. Thanks for playing our challenge this week. Have a great day! Leanne DT/KCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Jan, I love the Santa and sleigh and those building are fabulous, a great scene..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Th buildings are very realistic and love your sleigh, thank you for sharing on Craft Catz challenge, Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super fun way to combine an urban scene and Christmas!! And what a create way to add the sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome card design Jan! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace on Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Peace on Earth Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great xmas card.
    Jackie, D.T. @ 613 Avenue Create

    ReplyDelete
  7. Santa is Up Up and away...YES!! Way to go shopping your stash for our UP UP AND AWAY challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. You rocked our challenge with your Santa card!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!!
    Deb Horst, DT #SOS572

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful take on the theme, love Santa in the skyline, great buildings too. Thank you so much for joining us in our Vehicles or Transport challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT
    PS Please add our badge, it's a requirement for mentions. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card, love the building dies! Thank you for sharing with us over @ 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you have positioned the building dies, absolutely brilliant! The dotty red buildings play so well with your background papers. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A little early in the year for me to think about winter holidays, but your card is nicely done! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, Jan! Love the overall design (those buildings at the bottom are awesome) and how you've placed and used the freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute!! I love how you made the buildings in red and black. Such a great take on the challenges. Thank you for playing with us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is most definitely visual impact on this fabulous card. Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fab card, a great little scene you have created and with paper that looks like snow.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin.
    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Jan, that's a great Christmas card - love the scene and your buildings are great! Thanks for joining in with us this fortnight at Sweet Stampin' - Sarah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.