it's Kate's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying "Time Will Tell" which means she wants to see something that tell the passage of time....so think a clock or watch or calendar etc. How fun!
This is what I did.....
I wasn't quite ready to put away the Christmas supplies so I made up this card using a sweet freebie graphic. I must say, I quite like the colours of this. And I don't feel like that's bragging at all seeing as all I did was match patterned paper to the colours of the image. Not too hard to do when you have a hoard of patterned paper pads like mine!
*thinking of a clever way to segue into my next train of thought......hmmmmm......"speaking of calendars" - nope; "speaking of bragging" - doesn't exactly apply; writing a long, run-on sentence describing my thought process and how I don't really have a way to smoothly transition into talking about New Year's Resolutions - yeah, let's go with that*
So, Dear Readers, did you make a New Year's Resolution this year? I know some people think they're caca, but I don't. Nothing wrong with doing something to improve yourself. I usually keep them too. Of course, I don't go overboard and make great, grand proclamations. My last year's resolution was to stop dressing like a homeless ostrich at my one job.....I believe I was subconsciously doing it as an FU to the owner.....but I don't think he really cared. It's not like I went out and bought all new clothes or anything, I just went for a slightly more polished, professional look rather than a hey-I-sniffed-the-pits-when-I-pulled-this-out-of-the-dirty-laundry-basket-what-more-do-you-want vibe.
This year I upped the ante a little and have decided to drastically decrease my Diet Coke consumption. Now, if you knew me well, this would be your reaction....
.....as for years and years and years I have been rampant consumer of Diet Coke.....and yes, I was always fully aware of the fact that it is not good for you. Thing is, I drink A LOT, and water becomes very boring, very fast (and yes, I had tried the whole squeeze in some lemon, buy an infuser bottle and fill it was fresh fruits etc. thing). I'm not even going to tell you how many DCs I was drinking a day coz it's head-hanging embarrassing, it is. But, I will tell you how many I'm drinking a day now. That would be one, and on the rare occasion, two. However the most surprising thing about that is that I'm not really missing them because I have discovered.....
DAVIDs TEA.
I've always liked tea well enough, and would drink it on occasion, but, my friends, Davids Tea is a game-changer. They have over 150 different varieties of tea. There's everything from Candy Cane Crush (a personal favourite) to Just Beet It (a personal favourite). And the quality is excellent....there's actual frackin' pieces of candy cane, in a shape that looks kinda like a snowflake, in the Candy Cane Crush tea. I bought a couple of sampler packs during the Boxing Day sale and, because I'm a geek with a crappy memory, I've made an Excel spreadsheet so I can rate the teas I've tried so I will remember my faves when it comes time to make another purchase. And not just rated by taste, I've become a tea sommelier....I've listed comments like "excellent - tea-like with a chocolatey finish" (Hot Chocolate) and "very good - full-bodied, and its surprising pink colour is an extra delight for the senses (Forever Nuts).
So, to my Canadian peeps, if you like tea at all, even just a little bit, treat yourself to a cuppa next time you're at the mall. For regular tea drinkers I'd recommend trying....hmmmm......Cardamom French Toast. If you're not that into tea you could try something like Chocolate Macaroon or go for Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait as an iced tea. Much more healthier than that pop/Starbucks/Orange Julius you were thinking about getting, right?
Anyhoo, I would love to hear if you made any resolutions for 2019, and how you're doing at keeping it. And, if you flamed out, hey, no judgment here. I once made a resolution that I was going to cut down on junk food and then became the equivalent of a human vacuum and hoovered up a half a bag of chips every night for two weeks. *sigh* I miss my 20s.
Why not give our challenge a go this week and head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up? And, while you're there, be sure to check out the fantastic projects the other Girlfriends have created.
Also for:
The Holly & the Ivy: anything Christmas
Crafty Sentiments: winter
Crafty Cardmakers: winter
Christmas at Sweet Stampin': anything Christmas
ABC Christmas: A is for Anything Christmas


Hi, Jan! It's great "meeting" you for the first time, and I must say, I am smitten! Loving your artwork, and all the pretties on your blog. First of all, yes, each year I make a promise or two regarding some changes in my life. I promise myself some strange things sometimes, that are important to me, but maybe no one else - like not letting myself be taken advantage of one year LOL I'm proud of your Diet Coke change. Your graphic would probably still pertain when I say that I "MIGHT" have a few sips of carbonated drink A YEAR - but usually not even that much LOL. Guess I should get on about your amazing card:
ReplyDeleteWhere did you get the lovely graphic? It's gorgeous! And your card is breathtaking! Those colors are incredible together - wintry, yet warm and cozy, too. Beautifully done! Wishing you success this year in your endeavors, and looking forward to seeing more of your lovely cards.
I am your newest Google follower - wish you had the follow by email option activated on your blog! Oh, one last thing... So glad you uploaded your project to Christmas at the Sweet Stampin’ Challenge so I could come visit. Your artwork is a delight! Hope to see more of your pretty submissions in the future. Please check back to see if you are a selected DT favorite!
Warm Smiles,
de
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}
What a gorgeous card! The colour combo really is fabulous and you have every right to brag!
ReplyDeleteI have Excel spreadsheets for everything. I knew I liked you for a reason!! I'm not much of a tea drinker but, if I was, you'd have certainly sold me on David's Tea!!
Another David's tea fan here! :) And a fan of your card, too. Sweet graphic and nicely matched with the papers - I spy some G45! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card, Jan - like the colors.
ReplyDeleteImke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE
Ha! You crack me up!!! Okay, so the card is gorgeous, like the calendar/time tie in and yeah, well, you have to THINK to match up the paper and a lot of people don't, so I think you do get credit for that, too. Now...about the diet coke...bravo to you for accomplishing your resolution! What the heck is David's Teas? I need to go google that...okay, back now...alas, it's a Canadian thing, can't seem to find them over here. They look good though. I do like me a good cup of tea. Enjoy! And think of all those good-for-you antioxidants you're drinking in that tea, too.
ReplyDeleteLovely card, thanks for playing along with us at THAIC.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous card! I love the panel and the colors you pulled from it are perfect. Congrats on conquering diet coke, I totally know what you mean about getting bored with water. The tea sounds interesting and quite tasty.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, Jan. Those papers are stunning. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely card....
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for playing with us at Crafty Cardmakers...
Hugs
Dr Monika Shukla
DT - CCM