Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Patterned Paper or Create Your Own Background Paper! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Imke's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "Patterned Paper or Create Your Own Background Paper!" which means....well, any paper goes as long as it has has some sort of decoration on it!

This challenge theme is a super duper easy one for me as I have TONS of patterned paper and I usually use a lot of it on cards. So, I thought I'd try to challenge myself a bit more this week by colouring an image stamped on patterned paper (something I have done in the past....here's an example). Unfortunately, the mojo still hasn't returned and it didn't go so well. In fact, when my daughter came over to take a look at what I was working on, the conversation went like this.....

Her: Whatcha making?
Me: The usual. But I decided to stamp on patterned paper this time. I don't think it quite worke...
Her: It didn't. It's awful.

Message received, lol. Actually, I was glad for her input so I could just chuck it in the *swear word mumble* it bucket and move on rather than spend time trying to salvage it. I still wanted to make the theme a little more challenging for myself so I decided to create a card that had patterned paper be the star of the show, and this was the result....


No image here, no stamps used, just four different patterned papers, some glitter fun foam, die cuts, pearls, twine and a button.  The Be Jolly die cut is from Stamplorations and the holly is from Paper Smooches.

I didn't get my daughter's approval on this one but it was perched quite prominently on my craft desk and she didn't make retching noises so I guess it's all good.  (:

Why don't you give our challenge a go this week and head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up?  And, while you're there, be sure to check out the fabulous projects the other Girlfriends have created.

Also for:

ABC Christmas:  M is for movie - Tis' the Season To Be Jolly
Simon Says:  masculine
Jingle Belles:  bling on the holidays
As You Like It:  favourite embellishment - My fave embellishment is buttons.  So versatile - and you can usually get them for free!  (:
Dream Valley:  add some sparkle
Crafty Creations:  anything goes
Crafty Catz:  more than 2 layers
Always Fun:  layers
QKR Stampede:  anything goes
Corrosive:  anything goes

9 comments:

  1. OOOOH, I love that herringbone with the holly paper! What a great combination. Note to self...use that glitter fun foam. I'm sorry you feel you are suffering from low mojo, but you continue to be an inspiration to me. Take card, Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihihihihi...everyone's a critic! Where in the world has your mojo gone? We need to get that back! Maybe it's hiding out in the same place mine's run away to. What would help? A spa day? Chocolate? A stiff drink? Or an icy cold one? How about a margarita? That last sounds good to me. Don't worry, it'll come back, but in the mean time, this is a super cute card, too. Bon courage, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your conversation make me smile, Jan !! Anyway stamped backround or not - your card is wonderful. LOVE the paper and the glitter fun foam - just great.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, Jan. Gorgeous papers, colours and design. Thanks for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Love the design.
    Thanks for joining the challenge at As You Like It
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg the story is just waaaaay too funny lol! and wow... i'm not sure i believe that the first one was actually all that bad but even if it was, this one has to redress the balance completely! love it, missus. loooove. so pleased you could bring on the bling with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card and really glad you shared with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. that glittery sentiment is fantastic ... so glad you got BLING-y With Us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This certainly is a very jolly and glittery cad. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.