This week at
it's Brenda's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "NBUS!", which reads (at least to me) as "New Bus"....but it's not actually a new bus that she wants to see on your projects...it's Never Before Used Stuff, which is a much broader challenge than having to use a new bus on your project. [Just as well too, coz if there's a challenge about buses, I'm gonna make my card about pigs. Don't see the connection between a bus and pigs? Well, our up-the-road neighbour is a pig farmer, it's not a farrow to finish operation, it's a feeder/finisher farm. That means they get in piglets at about 40 lbs., and grow them until they are market weight. Now, these piglets aren't that big yet so guess what they use to deliver them? Yup, a modified school bus. There are regulations about how long a school bus can be in use for transferring student to school, for obvious safety reasons. Usually, when a school bus.....let's say, ages out, of bussing students, it's still in good shape. If it's lucky (or maybe unlucky depending on what kind of personality one wants to assign to a school bus) it will get modified to transport pigs. I believe all the seats are removed (which does wreck the visual of all the pigs sitting in the seats while excitedly looking out the windows) and the driver's area is completely closed off, and I think that's the extent of the renovations. From the outside, it still looks very much like a school bus. So much so, that the first time I saw it docked at the barns, I was very much muttered, "What the actual f#$k?" when I drove by. Anyhoo.....that's why if a challenge was ever about buses, I would totally make it about pigs....heck, I might even make it about pigs on a bus. Only in my creation, they'd definitely be sitting on the seats, and some of them would definitely be wearing hats. Coz, if you're on a field trip, you wanna be stylish.]
How's that for digression? One of my more extensive ones, for sure. No good segue from that.....NO WAIT, there is one! *ahem* Speaking of barns, here is my card.....
Ha! Now, for my NBUS, this is the first time I've used this digi. It's from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs. It's also the first time I've used this Primacolur pencil combo for skin tones, which turned out to look lighter in the photos. I usually colour people as caucasian, so this combo was new for me. For the most part my Christmas cards are generally non-secular as I don't want assume the recipient's faith. In this case, I made this specifically for my mil, and I, of course, know her beliefs. And really, whether you believe in Christianity or not, this story is a part of Christmas celebrations.
On, and just to round out this....all over the place insomnia-induced rambling post....for the longest time, when looking at this digi, I was all like, "Why is Joseph wearing a Zorro mask?" It wasn't until I got to colouring him that I realized it's his mustache. D'oh!
Why not give our challenge at go this week and join us? And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.
Also for:
Aud Sentiments: Christmas + sentiment
Crafty Gals Corner: merry & bright
Fab 'n' Funky: Christmas
Crafty Sentiments: anything goes
The Holly & Ivy: anything Christmas goes
Through the Craftroom Door: anything goes
Dream Valley: Christmas
613 Avenue Create: anything goes
Dragonfly Dreams: anything goes
Sweet Stampin': anything Christmas
Alphabet Challenge: r is for red
Jingle Belles: holiday cards
Winter Wonderland: anything Christmas goes
52 Christmas Card Throwdown: pick a previous challenge - I've went with 52CCT24-21 from June, Tic Tac Toe, using stitching, patterned paper & nativity


OMG! Girllllllll...you crack me up. I totally pictured little pink pigs happily sitting on school bus seats, looking out the window, tapping the pig on the head in the seat in front of them, blowing spitwads, etc. And as to the card, I thought that was a eye mask, too! I got it when I read your post. Super cute card, Jan! And great post!
ReplyDeleteHA HA HA..OMG, I'm still rolling on the floor..I can see a bus full of pigs and the zoro mask, it took a few times for me to focus as a mustache, but got it in the end, fabulous fun image, wonderful post, and now i need a lay down, I'm exhausted and have sore rubs..you are so funny..
ReplyDeleteLuv CHRISSYxx
Well, what can I say? It is a fabulous card, although I can't help focusing on the Zoro mask - I'm still in stitches imagining that busload of piggies, looking out of the bus windows an d enjoying their outing- brilliant!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the entertainment and for joining in at Sweet Stampin' Challenges- please come back soon!
Chris
x
Great card, the details to frame your lovely image are gorgeous. I'm struggling with the moustache too - it looks like old fashioned biker goggles to me! Not sure if that would have been more comfortable for Mary than the donkey - but quicker at least! Thanks for joining in with our December challenge at 52CCT.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful nativity scene and beautifully coloured! I love it! Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown and good luck!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see over here with your gorgeous card and Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..
ReplyDeleteLuv CHRISSYxx
Sweet image and awesome card. So glad you shared over at Crafty Gals Corner, Aud Sentiments, Crafty Sentiments, Alphabet challenge
ReplyDeleteLove your hilarious post from never before used stuff to buses and pigs and ending with a barn ??? As for the moustache it looks as though it is above his nose tbh lol.That said I love your gorgeous card and image.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
ReplyDeleteCarol DT x
Congratulations! You were chosen as a Top Rocker at 613 Avenue Create for the week of December 5-11, 2021!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing your creativity with us and our players. Please stop by our blog and grab your Top Rocker Badge!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah,
A Place To Start, Owner
613 Avenue Create, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
Shopping Our Stash, DT
Lovely Image, Jan. Great coloring as always and great layout.
ReplyDeleteImke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE
Oooh, this is a fab card x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' Challenge.
ReplyDeleteOh, my goodenss, you have me ROFL...maybe I should do a BUS challenge next year just to see what you come up with. This card is precious! I love the image and was also a little thrown by the um, moustache.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your message of condolences, and for all your comments throughout the year. they really mean a lot to me xxx
ReplyDeleteHa ha! Not gonna lie, I do now have the image of those piglets all sat in their seats on the school bus :-)
Super, sweet card xx
Such a sweet card - great layout and a super-cute image x
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm so late in visiting! I loved the piggy school bus tale - I'm a city dweller so never see this type of madness! Great card btw - the image is perfect for a cute religious card.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your card for our challenge at Dream Valley Challenge
Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!
Wonderful card. Great image and I love it. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner, Aud Sentiments, crafty Sentiments, Alphabet challenge.
ReplyDelete