Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Strawberry Fields Forever! @ Little Red Wagon

 This week at


it's Kate's turn to choose the challenge and she's continuing with her The Beatles theme and saying, "Strawberry Fields Forever!" which means that she would like to see something with either a fruit or farm theme.  Ei, ei, o!  (:

Have to admit, I wasn't sure where I was going to go with this.  Was about to do something with pears with a "We make the perfect pear" sentiment or the like, but I took a gander through my Farm Animals digi file and I was glad I did.  Coz, I saw a clip art file, remembered a certain slang acronym and not only did I come up with something I actually like....


 ....but it's a perfect birthday card for my youngest sub-baby (which is the term I use for my kids' SOs) for his upcoming birthday.

Honestly, I had every intention of colouring the goats but thought it might look cool in black & white.  And, I don't think I was wrong.  GOAT was cut from fun foam with a Taylored Expressions alpha die.

And, in case some of you aren't familiar with this acronym, GOAT stands for Greatest Of All Time, which is a phrase said sub-baby is known to use.  In fact he bought my daughter very pretty goat earrings for her birthday early on in their relationship.  So, I'm thinking this card is well suited.  (:

So, why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.  

Also for:

Allsorts:  any real animal
Critter Crazy:  feature a critter
Crafty Catz:  lots of layers - counting from the cardstock up to the GOAT, there's 5 layers
My Time to Craft:  3 or more layers - counting from the cardstock up to the GOAT, there's 5 layers
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday:  animals of any kind
Unicorn Challenge:  include an animal
Dream Valley:  anything goes
Incy Wincy:  animals
613 Avenue Create:  anything goes

9 comments:

  1. Yep, color would have totally ruined it, the B&W is PERFECT!!! Love the goat digis and your oh-so-well-done-may-have-to-steel-it sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect in black and white, fabulous fun card..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous in the monochromatic colourway, many thanks for sharing and joining in our 'Animals' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun and funky card, and perfect in black & white! - thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsort challenge this week.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card - and just perfect for your sub-baby! Seems very fitting. And I agree that the black and white is a fabulous look.

    Thanks for explaining the acronym too as you just saved me a visit to Google!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this paper and your card, Jan !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!  You have been selected as a TOP ROCKER for the week of 04/09/2022
    613 Avenue Create
    Please stop by our blog and grab your badge 
    The Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope, you're right, black and white, it looks so cool! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.