This week at
I've got the hosting duties and the challenge is "No Snow Christmas!" which just means that we would like to see a December holiday card.....but with no snow! I'm betting Girlfriends Brenda and Chrissy are liking this challenge seeing as their Decembers are snow-free. (:
This is what I did.....
I went a little grungy for this make, and definitely went overboard with the splatter. And, of course most of the splatter ended up on the part of the card where the least amount of splatter should be. I also realized I made a mistake....I'm not gonna say what it is coz if you don't see it I don't want to point it out. It's an easy fix though, but not worth it for me to go through the whole photographing/editing process again. 😜 Digi is from Stamplorations.
Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us? And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.
Also for:
Ellibelle's: anything goes
613 Avenue Create: anything goes
Peace on Earth: anything goes Christmas
Corrosive: anything goes
Crafty Calendar: anything goes
Crafty Catz: anything goes
Creative Artiste: anything mixed media goes
Creative Fingers: anything goes
Most Magical Time of Year: anything Christmas goes
Creative Inspiration: anything goes
Krafty Chicks: Christmas
Moving Along With the Times: Christmas
The Holly & Ivy: anything Christmas goes
Unicorn Challenge: layer it up
A Place to Start: anything goes
Dream Valley: make it digital
Christmas Bingo: bingo card - O column - splatters, vellum & free
Christmas Cards All Year Round: for a lady
The Dream Factory: use red

Love your grungy Christmas card,great colouring and distressing-The only thing I could see have you coloured the bottom left leaf red instead of green and if so not a big problem and would I have noticed if you hadn't said anything?
ReplyDeleteCarol x
A wonderful card Jan, just gorgeous, love the texture and colours and fabulous splatter, funny you should say that about me and Brenda, as I STRUGGLED believe it or not, I went straight into my usual Christmas stuff with no snow, nearly had a melt down, ha ha ha..didn't even think of our summer Christmas
ReplyDeleteLuv CHRIISSYxx
Love the texture on your card, Jan. I have a love/hate relationship with splatter. But yours looks great to me. And, nope, can't spot that mistake :-) xx
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card, love me a nice poinsettia…coloring is great, thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteLeanne DT Member/KCC
LOVE your grunge holiday creation! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
ReplyDeleteDarlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B
Jan, I love this card! You really nailed it with the splatter and vellum. I love how warm and rustic it is. And I wanted to take your challenge and see if I could find the mistake. I agree with crafty-stamper that the only thing I could see is that maybe a leaf that is red should be green, but if you hadn't said anything I would have never noticed. Great job! Thanks for joining us over at Christmas BINGO Challenges!
ReplyDeleteAdorable no snow christmas card, Jan. I like the shabby look with the torn edges and darker colors.
ReplyDeleteImke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE
Ohhhhh! Stunning card! The poinsettia colours against the earth tones are so striking!
ReplyDeleteLove this Janice and itʻs perfect just as it is. Iʻm with Kate, I love the poinsettia on the browns background. Wonderful! If I had it together, I probably would have pulled out one of my surfing Santaʻs for this challenge.
ReplyDeleteLove the vintage look of this card, Jan! Looks perfect to me!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great vintage card - and not too many splatters - is that actually a thing....? Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT
ReplyDeleteGreat vintage design and no, I can't see anything wrong with it either!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Moving Along With the Times.
Helen x
DT
A really wonderful card with a vintage feel, so beautifully done with these gorgeous colors and love the "no snow" themed Chistmas card challenge!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner
Wonderful Christmas card!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at the Dream Factory!
Hugs,
Conny
Thank you so much for participating at Christmas Bingo! We would love for you to return for our November 1-December 15 competition! --Becca
ReplyDelete