Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Stencil Power! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Brenda's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "Stencil Power!" which means she wants to see a stencil used on your make.

Now, I would like to say, I really tried to actually do a stencilled background for this challenge, really I did.  And....it went the same way it has so many times in the past.....poorly.  So, I went to my old standby....


and used my simple snowflake stencil which is really just a bunch of tiny circles.  But, it is indeed a stencil, so it counts!  Snowman stamp is from Tim Holtz.  Just did a bit of colouring on the scarf and leaves, added some bling, and left it at that.

Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.  

Also for:

Simon Says:  anything goes
Krafty Chicks:  all occasions
Addicted to Stamps:  Christmas
Ellibelle's:  anything goes
The Sisterhood of Crafters:  dots and stripes
Stencil Fun: anything with a stencil goes
The Holly & Ivy:  anything Christmas goes
Unicorn Challenge:  dots and stripes
A Place to Start:  anything goes
613 Avenue Create:  anything goes
Peace on Earth:  anything Christmas goes
Crafty Catz:  anything goes
Creative Fingers:  anything goes


12 comments:

  1. A stencil is a stencil and this definitely counts. I'm kinda with you on stencils. I don't use them either. I don't even know if I have any left after the massive craft supply clean out I did. If I do, they won't do me any good because I know I didn't keep any ink. But back to the card...I love the black and white theme, making that little bit of red in his hat really pop. Another winner for the Christmas card stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sketchy snowman Jan and the snowflakes background and the little pop of red against the black and white, fabulous card..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun!! Love the red accent! Thank you so much for joining us at 613 Avenue
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card - and your stenciled snow looks fabulous with your appropriately-labelled snowman. I got a chuckle from that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card, thanks for joining us at A Place to Start

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little pop of colour on the graphic card.
    Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute take on our monochromatic challenge! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and unique color choice for a Christmas card. It totally works and I love the pop of red. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute, it looks as if you sketched the entire scene. I love the snow stencil, perfect for the snowman and the challenge, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fun snowman and great use of your snow stencil. Thank you for joining in at Chrismas Craft Creations. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love how this turned out stamped on black and your snowflake stenciling definitely counts for a stencil challenge! Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so unusual! This black X-mas card impressed me. Thank you for joining in at Christmas Craft Creations. Lanusia, DT

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.