Wednesday, July 23, 2025

F is for Food! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Imke's turn to choose the challenge and she's continuing the romp through the alphabet with this week being, "F is for Food!", which means she wants to see anything you can eat on your project.

This is what I did....


While this is definitely something you could eat, it's not something I would eat.  I mean, I could if I had to, but certainly wouldn't choose it.  More of a cake person myself.  *she says casually even though she stares lovingly at the sheet cakes at Costco everytime she goes there and once even invented a party just so she could have an excuse to buy a Costco cake and then had a rousing conversation with the Costco bagger about how cake could solve so many problems in the world complete with this quote, "If I was mad and you gave me cake I wouldn't be mad anymore because I have cake" and when she brought the cake home, the party was really just her offering cake to the other people in her house while slicing herself a massive corner piece (because that's the best piece because of all the extra icing)*  Anyhoo.....

Digi is from the now closed Bugaboo Stamps.  ):  I even added Glossy Accents to the cherries, which really adds it, to the point of this being my best use of Glossy Accents ever.

Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

613 Avenue Create:  anything goes
Alphabet Challenge:  G is for girlfriend
Crafty Catz:  anything goes
Creative Fingers:  anything goes
My Time to Craft:  use fiber
A Place to Start:  anything goes
Farm Quest Grocery Game:  anything food goes

13 comments:

  1. Yep, gotta agree with you, the corner piece is the very best! Now about this card...super cute!!! Love the sentiment, your coloring (and accents), paper/embellishment choice and awesome digi. Ah, Bugaboo...sorely missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and yummy, I would rather have a savoury something, not big on cake or biscuits, but not to say I wouldn't eat one or two even been know to eat three bits....just saying..fabulous card..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, pie is my favorite and cherry is my most favoritest (that's definitely a word in this case). IMHO, this is a great looking piece of cherry pie! I love all the dots and that sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for
    Crafty Catz Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy pie and looks great colored. Thanks for sharing over at Alphabet challenge, Crafty catz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card looks like it's ready for the county fair! The styling is great! running the button and cording across the top of the focal panel make a terrific accent and is another way to repeat the colors plus add texture and depth! Thanks for sharing your cherry pie card at MTTC! -- Becca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan: it's me again! Do you know about FarmQuest Grocery Game Challenges blog? The theme is anything food goes. The current challenge is open until the start of July 27th. It would be lovely to have your projects shared there, if you wish.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Becca! Off to submit my entry....

      Delete
    3. Yippy! Yummy! Your card looks good enough to eat! :)

      Delete
  7. Yunmie cherry pie, Jan and perfect sentiment.

    ~Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another super cute and fun card Jan .. .. I miss Bugaboo.
    Love your Costco story!
    Whenever we visit ours I always look longingly at the mini victoria sandwich cakes which are far too big to be called "individual" and packed full to the brim with strawberries and cream. But as I am the only one who fancy eating one a pack of them is so large I would never manage to eat them all before the expiry date as you only get two days to polish the lot off!!
    I wonder if I should try?!?!? LOL!!!
    Hope you had a good weekend.
    Love and hugs
    Jules xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card and the red polka dot paper is perfect along with the glossy accents and bakers twine! (I wish that image was still available!). So glad you joined us at FQGGC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! The composition is perfec, and the colors are on point! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.