Wednesday, July 16, 2025

Honky Cat @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Kate's turn to choose the challenge and she's continuing to take us through Elton John songs and this week it's "Honky Cat" which means she wants to see house pets on your project.

This is what I did....


I've had this freebie digi, from All Dressed Up Stamps, for aaaaaaageeeees and have never used it.  Although it's so super cute, I just couldn't think of an occasion for it.  I decided that it would work for a congratulations card for someone who is having their second (or third, or fourth or fifth or....) baby so I paired it with a paper pad I've also had for ages because I find the colours a bit challenging for a baby card.  Paper pieced the bow and that's about that.

Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

Also for:



The Male Room:  dogs and/or cats + masculine
613 Avenue Create:  anything goes
Allsorts:  anything goes
Creative Fingers:  anything goes
Ellibelle's:  anything goes
Crafty Animals:  anything goes with an animal
A Place to Start:  anything goes
Dream Valley:  anything goes
Neglected Stuff:  use neglected stash
Simon Says:  cute critters
All Dressed Up:  anything goes

21 comments:

  1. OMG ... so so cute and so glad you finally found a purpose for him! He is SURE to bring smiles!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Neglected Stuff challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Neglected Stuff Co-Owner
    NEGLECTED STUFF CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, I love this image and the paper pieced bow is a perfect finshing touch. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An adorable Dog image, just perfect for a child and our Allsorts theme, lovely to have you join us, many thanks.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is super cute. That dog is adorable and the papers that you've chosen are perfect for it. And I love the colour combo, it's not the typical one for this kind of card and that makes it more special. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is adorable Jan and will make a nice addition to the family card, love the papers too..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE him! He would definitely bring a smile to my face for any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's super cute and so is this card!!! He goes great with your paper choices and love how you pieced the bow. This is a great addition to your 'all purpose' card stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this image too! and never used it. Thanks for inspiration, this is a great card with a wonderful background layout. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable!! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Allsorts! So great to see you at my Crafty Wednesday challenge too!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this too, from 2014, never used it, thank you for great inspiration and a wonderful card, love the papers and fabulous colouring of the dog. Thank you so much for joining us in our Dogs and/or Cats challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say, could you copy and paste the challenge badge into your post. It is a requirement we look for when choosing our winners and honourable mentions. Thanks, I would hate for you to miss out.

      Delete
    2. Ack, I forgot! I really appreciate the reminder, thanks!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful masculine card. Thanks for sharing at The Male Room

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card certainly is adorable!! The paper-pieced bow looks fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jan
    Super cute indeed and great colours .. .. love the paper-piecing too!
    Hope all is good at your end.
    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute, Jan and great coloring !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now this is the cutest dog I've ever seen, Jan!! I just love his adorable face! Thank you so much for playing along with 613 Avenue Create. Rosi x
    Do you already know the Dream Factory Challenge Blog ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you have used this mage to make a masculine card,

    Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this image! Nicely crafted. Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! That dog is so adorable! Really love your style of cards - very inspiring - and I have been really enjoying looking at your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet card, thanks for sharing it with us at The All Dressed Up Challenge Blog.
    Ilonka DT.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.