This week at
it's my turn to choose the challenge and I'm taking inspiration from Girlfriend Kate's challenge themes and I'm also doing music this year.....I'm going with some of my favourite songs from Canadian artists. In the some of the past few years I have had an overall theme to my challenge picks....though they may not have been obvious as I didn't highlight that fact. Last year was Star Trek (which the aforementioned Kate picked up on fairly quickly), 2023 was using the same word twice (Happy, Happy Birthday, Craft With Kraft and the one I kinda cheated on Simply Clean & Simple), 2022 was alliteration (Make Masculine Makes, Glitz, Glitter, Gleam & Glow).
2026 is all about some awesome songs from some awesome Canadian singers/bands. I thought I might give a little info about each song/artist....who knows, maybe you'll find a new song to love. (:
"Picturing Love" is a 2016 song from the band July Talk. From Toronto, this alternative rock band is known for its unique sound and explosive live performances. Lead singer, Peter Dreimanis's, cover of CCR's "Bad Moon Rising", has been used in a number of TV shows, films and video games including The Walking Dead, Green Room, and Teen Wolf. The band's first three studio albums won the Juno Award for Alternative Album of the Year. Personally, I love their sound. While "Picturing Love" is not my favourite song of theirs (that would be "Guns + Ammunition" but I obviously wasn't going to make that a challenge) it is a close second....which is where the song peaked on the Canadian Rock Chart in 2016.
I've linked to their music videos above but I thought I'd give a.....well.....very mild warning. “Picturing Love” is about human relationships, sexuality, and how they are influenced by addiction to screens and pornography. Imho, I would consider the music video tame, but I understand that Canadian media is more....let's say open.....than American media. So, that's your warning. If you do watch the video, and you're not familiar with the band, I would bet actual money that you will not expect that voice to come out of that face. Just sayin'.
Anyhoo, back to the challenge. I want to see those projects about love. Anniversary, Valentine's Day, friendship, something or someone you love or you could go with the same thing I did....
a wedding card. At the beginning of January, I posted a card and mentioned that I had originally started with different patterned papers. This was that card. I added the die cut and a whole new card was born. (:
Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us? And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.
Also for:
613 Avenue Create: anything goes
Crafty Catz: anything goes
Creative Fingers: anything goes
A Place to Start: anything goes
Fab 'n' Funky: love is all around
The Sisterhood of Crafters: spots & dots
A Cut Above: anything goes with die cuts
Aud Sentiments: wedding & dies + sentiment
Simon Says: add a heart

Such a fun & FABULOUS card Jan! Beautiful design Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
ReplyDeleteDarlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Sisterhood of Crafters Owner
A fantastic card with a very elegant colour combo. I love the papers that you've chosen and how you've played with the layers. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing this card with us at A Place to STart
ReplyDeleteFabulous card Jan, love the layers and texture and big sentiment, and aren't you a tricky one, I never picked up on themes at all, i just read what I read and went on with it, I'll try to pay more attention and will not think you are loosing it by repeating yourself, ha ha ha..
ReplyDeleteLuv CHRISSYxx
This is such an elegant card! I love the mix of papers and that gold! Really so elegant. Looking forward to your musical challenges.
ReplyDeleteThis is a fantastic celebration card, Jan! The black/gold combination is so elegant. I love the die cut sentiment with the background shadow. Beautiful design! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with the February Challenge at A Cut Above.
ReplyDeleteOh, wow! It was great you saved this paper from the other awesome New Year's project (to which I can personally attest) because now you've made two wonderful cards and nothing went to waste. It reiterates, too, how great this design is. Your post made me smile; I did click to see the video (I don't know this band) and yes, I did NOT expect that voice to come out of that face :-).
ReplyDeleteWell I really LOVE this card. It's so unique and classy, well done! Lots of wonderful work, you certainly have a great eye for color and design. Thanks for playing along with us over at A Cut Above, I hope we see you back again soon!!
ReplyDeleteJudy~ ACA CT Designer
Fabulous card with all that gold, Jan !
ReplyDeleteImke~MY CRAFTY PLACE
Lovely card, great colours, thanks for sharing at Fab’n’Funky.
ReplyDeletePat xx
Stunning! I just love this! Thanks so much for sharing your unique card with us at A Place to Start!
ReplyDeleteHugz,
Chana
Love your card. Great colors and designs. Thanks for sharing over at Aud sentiments, crafty catz
ReplyDelete