This week at
it's Brenda's turn to choose the challenge she's saying, "Signs of Spring!" meaning she would like to see those makes that are about, or remind us of, spring.
We could use some signs of spring 'round here. Had a couple of beautiful days last week followed by a couple of days of high winds, snow and freezing rain. On Monday morning it was 11ºC and pouring rain and 0ºC by 4pm with high winds and a snow squall watch in effect. Boooooo
Anyhoo, I guess we can celebrate spring in paper form with a card like this....
It took me a bit to come up with something for this challenge, everything I was trying was....well....let's say boooooooooo again. Finally settled on doing something outside my norm by covering the front of a card with felt flower die cuts. I then decided it needed something just a smidge more so I mounted the card front on a card front. And sorted.
Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us? And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.
Also for:
CRAFT: spring
Craft Rocket: no designer paper
Ellibelle's Garden Party: anything seen in a garden
A Cut Above: anything goes with a die cut
A Place to Start: anything goes
Crafty Calendar: spring
613 Avenue Create: anything goes
Alphabet Challenge: W is for wildflowers
Crafty Catz: anything goes
Creative Fingers: anything goes
The Card Concept: spring flowers - I was inspired by the flowers and bright colours

Bright and beautiful- a lovely spring card with those pretty felt flowers, so cheerful and tactile! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Calendar.
ReplyDeleteChris
x
A super colourful card with a fantastic texture. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Jan, love the felt flowers, I remember the days when we had to cut them ourselves and love the sentiment on the vellum..
ReplyDeleteLuv CHRISSYxx
This is so adorable Jan! The .flowers make for a beautiful patterned design. So creative! The vellum shadow behind the sentiment is a great idea and lets the color show through but makes the sentiment stand out. Thanks for sharing with the March Challenge at A Cut Above
ReplyDeleteYour weather sounds much like what we had, luckily it's looking like it's warming up again and hopefully will stay spring-like!
ReplyDeleteThe card is so pretty, love the felt flowers! Thanks so much for sharing at my Garden Party!
Oh, I love this! Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us over @ the Alphabet Challenge.
ReplyDeleteHi, Jan. Your card is absolutely brilliant. I'm loving the bright colors on your sweet felt flowers. What a great creative idea. We can clearly see how the challenge inspired you, and we greatly appreciate your participation in our challenge over at The Card Concept. Please stop by and join us again soon. We look forward to it.
ReplyDeleteFor another FUN challenge, I'd love to have you stop by Word Art Wednesday to share with us there as well. Always Anything Goes/Family Friendly and lots of great prizes. Hope to see more of your wonderful creativity!
Blessings,
Karen L
DT, The Card Concept
Owner, Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
@karenletchworth
Brrrrr! I love this! The felt has so much wonderful texture and the flowers and colors just scream SPRING! Hope it comes soon for you.
ReplyDeleteOh, wowsa!!! This is GORGEOUS, Jan! I love it. What a clever design and screams 'Spring'. Hopefully, it will work its magic on your weather, too.
ReplyDeleteLOVE this! Such a pretty spring card with a great twist - using that felt.
ReplyDeleteOoh, now you have me thinking. I have loads of felt - I need to go through my dies.
So eye catching! Love it!Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
ReplyDeleteDefinitely a yay and not a boo! Your felt flower background looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteOur ground is all white here again although it IS melting. Fingers crossed for spring!
thank you for sharing this card with us at A Place To Start - no Square challenge, hope to see you again soon
ReplyDeleteSo glad you stepped outside your box! The card is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us at A Place to Start!
ReplyDeleteHugz,
Chana
What a fun spring card! Love all of the texture with the felt flowers- we are so thrilled that you joined us at The Card Concept this month!
ReplyDeleteA little late to the game...but needed to post. What a fun card, Jan! Love the texture of the felt. Thanks for sharing with us at TCC this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT
ReplyDelete