Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Everything's Coming Up...@ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Brenda's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "Everything's Coming Up..." which just means that she wants to see any flora! Perfect for spring!

This is what I did.....


I went cas for this challenge.  I adore this image, it was a colouring book freebie if you can believe it.  I tell ya....I've really gotta splurge on some more die cut words.  I am making too many thank you cards for what I ever use (seeing as I'm almost never needing a thank you card) just because I happen to have some wonderful "thanks" and "thank you" dies.  Now, isn't that crafty laziness in the extreme?  Rather than making a bit of effort and die cutting individual letters for a card that I might be able to use, I just make yet another thank you card to sit in the card bucket pretty much indefinitely.  If anyone has a suggestion on a good die cut word set, please, please, please leave me the name or link in the comments.  As the card says, thanks.  (:

Why not give our challenge a go this week and head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up?  And, while you're there, be sure to check out the fantastic projects the other Girlfriends have created.

Also for:

Always Fun: cas
Artistic Inspirations:  anything goes
The Male Room:  anything masculine goes
Simon Says:  anything goes
CAS(E) This Sketch:  sketch
Craft Rocket:  for men/boys
Moving Along With the Times:  that spring feeling
Pile It On:  use scraps
Crafty Sentiments:  anything goes
Try Stampin' On Tuesday:  sketch

14 comments:

  1. Such a super image - and a bonus that it was a freebie!! I really like the design layout of your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love those shades of green. I love word dies! One I use often is "with Sympathy" from Avery Elle (D-16-24).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool background sheet - and a fun image! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jean,
    what a super design card and such a lovely and unusual shape.
    I love your potted plant.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very eye-catching card, Jan! Lovely job on the coloring!!! You can never go wrong with "Happy Birthday" dies. Just about every company offers them. I think your pot of shamrocks is perfect with your "thanks" sentiment, though. You might donate your cards to a local nursing home where I'm sure cards saying thanks would be used and appreciated! Thank you for sharing your sweet card with us a Try Stampin' on Tuesday! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT . Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now see, this is why you are a Master Card Maker. I wouldn't have ever thought up this design, and with these papers. We're talkin' genius move here!!! Love, love, love it!!! I don't know why it reminds me of a 70's vibe, but it does. And since I really like that look, you know that's a complement. Now, about the word die-cuts... admittedly I don't do phrase die-cuts much, but you've inspired me so a while back I bought some and just recently used one on a card. They are Spellbinders Phrase I set. I used Happy Birthday and I was pleased with the size and how they cut. https://www.123stitch.com/item/Spellbinders-Shapeabilities-Dies-Phrase-Set-One/SPEL-S4-563 Mine were on sale, I bet you can find them on sale in Canada, too. I also bought some no-brand ones, super inexpensive but not yet used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card, the colors, the shapes, fun image, so creative. I love that card base, it looks as if it has a lovely texture...is it kraft or something special?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - Paper Smooches is having a sale, I think until tomorrow. They have a ton of fun word dies.

      Delete
  9. Love your card, great layout and I love the image you used.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and layout love the potted plant.Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, Jan. I like all the different earthy colors and your layout.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card with lucky clovers. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great thank you card! Thanks for playing along at The Male Room Craft Challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.