Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Sea It! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Imke's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying "Sea It!" which means she wants to see things to do with the sea. Lots of stuff to pick from!

This is what I did.....


Okay, so it's more sea adjacent, than actual sea.  Not a big fan of the sea/beach.  Anakin Skywalker was right.  (Though George Lucas certainly wasn't.  Geez.)  I also took liberties with the Father's in Father's Day.  Turns out my Dymo label maker does not have an apostrophe.  Figured the ^ was close enough. Although I would like to take a moment to be ticked over the fact that my labeller has a ^ but no '.  I mean really, people could go their whole lives without ever needing a caret on a label.  Can't say the same thing about an apostrophe.  What I should have done was gotten all indignant and made the sentiment "Happy Day of the Father".  And then I could have said, "Take that Dymo, you ridiculous apostrophe hater".  But I'm thinking the humour of the sentiment would have been lost of everyone but me.  Digi is from Pernilla Nilsson.

Why not give our challenge a go this week and head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up?  And, while you're there, be sure to check out the fantastic projects the other Girlfriends have created.

Also for:

Crafty Gals Corner:  you're the man
Cardz 4 Guyz:  Father's Day
Unicorn Challenge:  for the men/boys
{PIN}spirational:  inspirational image
Always Fun:  for dad
Crafty Cardmakers:  masculine
Addicted To Stamps:  for a boy/man
Dragonfly Dreams:  for a man/boy
The Library Challenge:  To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
Crafty Calendar: masculine
Crafty Friends:  men/boys
Sweet Stampin':  Father's Day
Through the Purple Haze:  the guys have it

18 comments:

  1. Great Father's Day card! I love reading your blog...you really had me
    grinning this morning! love the way you gave Dymo the what for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No ', that's ridiculous! Just for that, I'm taking the one I have in my wish list at Amazon out! Love the card! Stamping the image on the script was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello… Thanks for sharing your lighthouse card with us. It’s so lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Men/Boys’ theme … loving the print background and your colouring is gorgeous. It will certainly brighten someone's day!
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely and a great image if a Lighthouse, thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends , xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome I love the lighthouse on the text paper. Great idea and love light houses and the sea.. So glad you shared your card over at Always fun challenge.
    Billie A
    Always Fun Challenges
    Catch The Bug
    Creative With Stamps
    Aud Sentiments
    Colour Crazy Challenge
    Creations In Pink
    Do-Al(l)Kreatives
    Crafty Gals Corner
    Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic father's day card. The lighthouse on the tekstpaper has a wonderful effect. Very well designed! Love this! Thanks for joining our challnge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I love the bookpaper background and the lighthouse image! Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jan, you so cracked me up with this!!! And I agree with the label, who the heck needs a caret?! Still, the card turned out great. I love the image colored on the printed paper; that's a wonderful vintage look. I like, too, the striped vertical background paper, perfect for elongating the look of the lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Mark is called a caret?!I never knew that - and I'm an English teacher! I love how you stamped on book paper = the colouring looks subtle and just slightly vintage - gorgeous.Thanks for joining The Library

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, Jan and i like the image over the texted paper. Fabulous ! And btw...shame on Dymo **lol**

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful in every way! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ ttph

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card -- I love that it looks to be on on old page. And no apostrophe but a caret it crazy. You're absolutely right -- who ever uses one. Thanks for linking up at PINspirational Challenge. Sandy/DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card! I love the effect of the book page as the background, too. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great masculine card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Fathers day card love the light house image and the stamping on a book page.Thank you for joining us at Unicorn
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great card - thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love lighthouses and they are perfect for a Father's Day card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your script background. Great card. Thank you for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.