it's Doni's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "Summer Fun!" which means she wants to see projects all about the fun things you can do in summer. So many ideas for that!
'Round here we've finally got some nice-ish weather. And although the rain has calmed down it certainly could get warmer. When I was coaching my daughter's ball team this weekend on the Sunday (and this was Sunday only, definitely not Friday or Saturday), I could be heard to remark, "Well, I'm wearing only one pair of pants today." And I did actually take off my second coat, so progress. (I almost forgot my second coat at the diamond, much to the absolute amusement of the last girl on the bench as I'm always threatening the girls with keeping their stuff if they leave it. Let's just say I listened to some deserved teasing over that.) The girls won the Consolation Championship so it was a good weekend even if the weather wasn't.
So, while ball has been a very big part of my (almost) summer fun, I decided to go with a different pastime.....
....kite flying! I used to love flying kites when I was a kid. Didn't do any fancy flying, but I did love letting all the string out and having the kite be so high it felt like I could tangle up an airplane. This little tyke from Mo's Digital Pencil looks like he needs a little help getting his kite up in the air. And I'm betting he could definitely tangle up that cloud if he wanted.
Why not give our challenge a go this week and head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up? And, while you're there, be sure to check out the fantastic projects the other Girlfriends have created.
Also for:
Mo's Digital Challenge: for the boys/guys
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday: summer scenes
Tuesday Throwdown: keep it simple
Unicorn Challenge: for the men/boys
Dream Valley: summer colours
Dragonfly Dreams: for a man/boy
Stamping Sensations: show your true colours
Crafty Calendar: masculine
Crafty Catz: male
Cut It Up!: welcome summer


Aw...this little guy is so cute! Great coloring and I love the cloud!
ReplyDeleteAh...that is such a cute card, Jan! Love your coloring, paper choices and the little cloud embellishment. I liked kite flying as a kid, too. Glad you're getting some nice-ish weather (our Spring hasn't been so hot – metaphorically & literally – either). Yeah! for your daughter's championship win!!!
ReplyDeleteCute card. I love the bright colours and the gorgeous papers.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Calendar. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}
Your card is darling. I love your coloring and awesome images. So glad you shared over at Crafty Catz.
ReplyDeleteBillie A
Crafty Catz
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Congrats to your daughter's team on winning the consolation championship!
ReplyDeleteYour card is adorable! What a sweetie!
The weather certainly has got to improve pretty quickly if we are going to have a half decent Summer hasn't it. Your image is really sweet and works very nicely in the die cut frame with the white space setting it off against the colourful backing. Many thanks for joining in with our June theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.
ReplyDeleteB x
Well he still looks like he's having fun, and that's the point, right?
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful card. I love your combination of patterned papers and the gorgeous image. Thanks for sharing it with us for our Cut it Up for our Welcome Summer challenge!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com
This is great love this Mo Manning image! and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x
ReplyDeleteJan, your coloring is amazing and as always i love your color and DP choice.
ReplyDeleteImke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE
Lovely colouring on this cute Image which sits really well with the DP's. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations
ReplyDeleteFabulous card!! The image is cute and colored beautifully. The design is fantastic. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
ReplyDeleteNeva DT
A great card for a boy - the image and design are so lovely - Michelle x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and using of papers. match perfectly together.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining at Stamping sensations this month.
What a gorgeous card!! Love the adorable image and the pretty card design!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Gerda
I love this card! The Mo image is just darling and your coloring, well, I love it too!
ReplyDeleteI love this! Such a fun little "boy" creation!! Thanks so much for joining us for our June Challenge at Mo's! Hugs, Pat Frank
ReplyDeleteLoving this image! The card is adorable!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for joining in at Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday June/July challenge where it's all about "Summer Scenes, Summer Colors or Summer Treats"!