Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Save Me From April Showers! @ Little Red Wagon

  This week at


it's Doni's (who has come back to the DT - yay!!) turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "Save Me From April Showers!" which means she would like to see an umbrella on your project.  Perfect for our weather 'round here in midwestern Ontario....and you need a warm coat too!

This is what I did....


....yep, I did something out of the ordinary for me.....I made a one layer card!  I know, I know...teeeeechnicaaaaaally, there is a bit of patterned paper as well as a lil glitter fun foam heart, so it's really not completely one layer.....but I'm gonna call it one layer anyway.  So there.  (:

It's also something different for me because those stamps....they're not digis, they're clear stamps.  I KNOW!  They're from The Cat's Pajamas, and you gotta guess something.  Guess how many times I had to stamp the bear image and the sentiment to get that nice clean, all filled in look.  One time!  I KNOW!  Had it in my Misti and was just going to automatically ink up the stamps for a second go-round when I realized I didn't need to.  I don't know about you, but I find that really rare.  Granted, most of my clear stamps are cheapies, both in price and quality, so maybe one-and-done stamping happens more often than I realize.  I scored a lot of The Cat's Pajamas stamps when they made the switch to digi, I should really get to inking them up....especially when it's this easy.

So, why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.  

Also for:

Allsorts:  something that begins with B - bear (both image & word), black
Simon Says:  anything goes
Crafty Calendar:  anything but square - Hoping rectangle counts.
613 Avenue Create:  April showers
Crafty Catz:  anything goes
Through the Purple Haze:  include an animal
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday:  animals of any kind
Ike's World:  animal
TTCRD:  anything goes
Unicorn Challenge:  include an animal
AAA Cards:  small & few + cas


12 comments:

  1. Sweet card! That little bear is just so cute with his little red umbrella and sparkly heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable little Bear and love the sentiment and well done, one layer, I think I only ever made one..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, the panda is so cute! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this and what a great sentiment thanks for sharing at crafty Catz this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Love the polka dotted umbrella! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very sweet CAS creation, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I am impressed! Super cute stamp, expertly rendered and great overall design. Love it! As to rubber stamps...heck, I haven't inked up a stamp in so long I bet all my inks are dry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card and sentiment, Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute CAS card - love that image. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week for our "Something beginning with 'B'" challenge
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable card - and amazing job with the stamping, especially with the solid black parts!! We must have had the same craft winds blowing ideas into our brains. We both have pandas with umbrellas and a similar layout!! No wonder I think your card is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm back again, just saw this sweetie linked up at my Crafty Wednesday challenge too, thank you so much for sharing your creativity there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so cute and crisp and CAS! I love it! I would love to have an umbrella like that!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.