Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Sea You Then! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Shani's turn to choose the challenge (her first one as a Girlfriend - yay!) and she's saying, "Sea You Then!" which means she wants to see those makes that include sea/ocean elements on your project, so think ocean, lighthouses, seashells, seagulls, boats, nautical themes etc.  

This is what I did....


When I starting thinking about what I would do for this challenge, this song starting playing in my head.  Not that it's part of my playlist or anything.....but I'm betting almost everyone knows this song from hearing it on TV or some other media on the like.  When it kept on going, persistently I might add, I decided, why not?  And that's how this card was born.  

Boat die is from Taylor Expressions and the background was cut with my Silhouette.  That was a bit of a slog.  Made me remember why I like dies better as I watched multiple pieces of cardstock being dragged all over the mat by the blade instead of the blade, you know, just cutting the cardstock and leaving it put.  Then, somehow, a piece of paper came unstuck from the mat (and this was a brand new mat) and ended up over the top of the feeder bar.  Like, how???  I will say, my Silhouette probably made the card quicker for me to put together as I didn't have much of a choice as what shade of blue to use where because often times there was only one piece that was useable for a spot.  And let's just say, the sentiment is placed strategically.  I will admit though, I found fitting the pieces into the background quite enjoyable.  So much so that I when and bought some no-name background dies - ha, take that Silhouette!  (:

So, why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

Also for:

As You Like It:  favourite reason to send a card - My favourite reason to send a card is just because!  I think people appreciate it when you let them know you are thinking of them.
Ellibelle's:  anything goes
Paper Funday:  anything goes
A Place to Start:  anything goes
Make My Monday:  fave challenge from 2022 - Summer Fun
613 Avenue Create:  anything goes
Corrosive:  anything goes
Allsorts:  blue
Crafty Calendar:  add a sentiment
Creative Fingers:  anything goes

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous fun card Jan, love your design and the cute little boat, makes me want to get my boat die out and play..fabulous card..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that that song is an anglicized version of the French song La Mer, by Charles Trenet? And now I've typed that, I'll probably have that going around in my head all night. But back to your card...despite your Silhouette problems, it turned out fantastic! I really like that background pattern and all your paper choices coordinate beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun card and such an intricate background, many thanks for joining in our AG/Winter Blues theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like this striking card. Great colours and design. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful background Jan and lovely card which is perfect for our 'Winter Blues' challenge at Allsorts, thank you for joining us there.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very striking design- the background looks fabulous- despite the best efforts of your Silhouette (remember the joys of those cutting mats from my Cricut days!) Thanks for joining in at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh! I love the clean, graphic waves! Marvelous design. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out so fabulous and loving all the blues! Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge as well as Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous blue scene, lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely scene, I like the waves even though they caused you a bit of trouble. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope to see more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna xx
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Colors, Jan and great layout !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way your background turned out despite your challenges, itʻs perfect for that darling little sailboat. Iʻm leaving humming your tune=]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome background - and with the strategically-placed sentiment, one would have no idea of the grief you experienced during its creation had you not written the story. The little sailboat is the perfect touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the water scene with your cutting. Looks great and great colors. The boat is so cute. Thanks for sharing over at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.