Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Frenchified! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Shani's turn to choose the challenge and she's got an absolutely fun one for us this week.  Shani, who lives in France, is saying, "Frenchified!" which means she wants us to incorporate Frenchness in our project.  So, think the Eifel Tower, croissants, cheese, escargots, kissing (hoh, hoh, hoh), a sentiment en Francais, or even.....


french fries!  Now, I know I should have been a good Canadian and went with some actual French.  And initially, that was indeed the plan.  My original thought was to go with a pretty lady image or the like and pair it with the sentiment: Oh là là.  But, french fries won out....like they generally do, at least for me, when it comes to forms of potatoes.

Image is clip art, I just printed it out twice, once to colour and once at the bottom of a page, then folded it, and cut it out, leaving part of the top uncut.  An easy way to make a shaped card.  Coloured the fries, paper pieced the fry container, added the googly eyes, and that was about that.  I always say, the only thing better than googly eyes on a card, is two different sized googly eyes.  The sentiment inside is as follows:

Would have been great if I could have incorporated French there....but I have frites for only you doesn't really work on the punniness scale.  So I let the fries stand as the only French thing.  Now, if I had any talent, I could have made my fries into poutine, because that's a very French-Canadian thing....and it's delicious too.  I once had poutine at The Canadian Potato Museum in Prince Edward Island (PEI), and let me tell you, amazing doesn't even cover how good it was.  My daughter and I talk about driving out there again just to have the poutine (it's a 1840km drive which would take about 19 hours of straight driving) and we're not completely joking.  Drat, now I'm hungry for poutine.

So, why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

Also for:

Ellibelle's:  anything goes
Through the Purple Haze:  anything goes
Cardz 4 Guyz:  make us laugh
A Place to Start:  anything goes
613 Avenue Create:  anything goes
Corrosive:  anything goes
Alphabet Challenge:  XOXOXOXO
Crafty Catz:  anything goes
Creative Fingers:  anything goes

14 comments:

  1. Brilliant fun card love the French fries with the googly eyes
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and fun Jan and I'm a french fry gal too..yum..love the eyes..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hihihihihihi! Super cute, Jan! I love his googly eyes and that awesome pun (you know how I am about those. And yep, I haven't had it yet, but poutine has crossed the Atlantic and is turning up here now, too. Next time I see a place that has it, I will try it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really fun and love the googly eyes! Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and fabulous-great take on your theme-- love the paper-pieced carton with the big googly eyes. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun twist on the love challenge. Your fries are amazing (and I would absolutely have some now), I like how you made them come alive with your colouring, and those googly eyes. The hidden message inside your card is a perfect match for your main motif. I had to look up poutine, and I'm trying to imagine how it tastes as I've never heard about it before. It certainly looks delicious. Thanks for joining the Alphabet chakllenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it...those googlie eys are awesome!! Thanks for play along with our "Make Us Laugh/Smile" challenge over Cardz 4 Guyz. -Deb Horst, DT #C4G317

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to go with french fries, Jan. I also like the googly eyes - fun effect.

    ImkeMY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  9. O that's too cute Jan - the colouring is great and I love the shaped card idea! And the googly eyes are just the best!!! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 The Avenue Create! Hope to see you playing on our street again soon!
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First, I love your card (those googly eyes are so good!), but I Googled poutine and it sounds DIVINE and my attention is now on that! If I were on death row, french fries would definitely be on my last meal list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hands down, the Canadian Potato Museum has the best poutine ever!! Pick me up on the 401 and we'll carpool!

    Such a fun card, especially with those eyes. And if the recipient says the inside sentiment with a French accent, all's good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun! Fun! Made me smile. Thanks for joining us at C4G this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! You were selected as a Front Porch Winner for March 2023. Thanks so much for accepting our play date at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.