Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Layer Upon Layer! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's my turn to choose the challenge and I'm saying, "Layer Upon Layer!" which just means I want to see those projects with multiple layers.  So, pile it on!

I decided I would do a card type that definitely needs lots of layers.....


.....a shaker card!  I do love shaker cards.  So, let's see....how many layers....well, if you count the foam tape and sequins/chunky glitter/beads as layers (which I am, but I'm not counting the Scor-Tape, tape runner or glue adhesives), from the card base bottom to the gold star on top, it's 10 layers.  Told you shaker cards needed lots of layers.  (:

It's hard to tell in this picture, but the patterned paper in the shaker element is the same as the patterned paper on top of the card base, except the stars are gold.  I also foiled the word 'WONDER' in gold.  Sentiment was made by me in Canva.

Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

Also for:

ABC Christmas:  3 of a kind - 3 words, 3 types of shakers elements (chunky glitter, beads, sequins)
Simon Says:  anything goes
The Sisterhood of Crafters:  shapes - stars & rectangles
Cardz 4 Guys:  stars
The Holly & Ivy:  anything Christmas goes
A Place to Start:  all that glitters
613 Avenue Create:  anything goes
Peace On Earth:  anything Christmas goes
Crafty Catz:  anything goes
My Time to Craft:  2 or more patterned papers
C.R.A.F.T.:  Christmas
Jingle Belles:  inspired by a move - A Christmas Star


20 comments:

  1. Fabulous shaker card and love all the layers and the gold
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaker's card with some bling bling inside! Love this whole metallic Christmas card that you've created along with our challenge. Thank you for joining us at CCC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layers Jan and a fabulous shaker card, I love shakers too..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very beautiful, thanks for playing at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a gorgeous shaker card. I like your design a lot.
    Lia DT POE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowsa! You nailed the layers, Jan. It's a gorgeous shaker card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is gorgeous Jan! I can just imagine how shiny pretty it is in person! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations this month!

    Lori, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! The gold filling is so pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us at CCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that fun shaker ... So glad you joined us at Jingle Belles with your *Christmas Story*.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous shaker card - love all the glitter!

    Thanks for joining us at Moving Along With the Times.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous shaker card and perfect for our challenge this month. Thank you for doing in at Christmas Craft Creations. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Creative take on our masculine//stars challenge...I love that you made a shaker card!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our STARS challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Deb Horst,DT #C4G331

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for joining us at MTTC challenge. Your card is gorgeous, xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. All that glitters is gold! With Stars to boot. Lovely card, Jan. Thanks for joining us at C4G this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful, layery, elegant shaker card! So pleased you could join our Stories of Christmas fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a delightful Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at THAIC

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love your golden star shaker card! It's beautifully layered and all that gold makes it super festive and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clever take on our challenge! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a nice shaker card! Thanks a lot for joining us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.