This week at
it's Kate's turn to choose the challenge and she's continuing with her Queen inspired themes and is asking, "Who Wants To Live Forever?" which means she wants to see those birthday creations.
With my make I answered a question I had often wondered about which is.....
...Can you emboss over embossing? And it turns out that yes, yes you can. I used a stamp from Taylored Expressions that I picked up at a garage sale some time ago....can I just say, Taylored Expressions stamps are excellent quality! I have some of their dies (also excellent) but had not purchased any of their stamps ....coz, as you all know, I'm basically a digi girl. I tell ya though, if I had the money to spend of craft supplies that I wish I had to spend on craft supplies, I'd own a whole bunch of these stamps.
Can I also point out that it's completely possible to make a masculine card with sparkle and shine? Coz *gestures at card*. I dare say, I do like how this turned out. This time I remember to keep all those negative pieces that are needed for this style of card, unlike the last time when I tried it with this card. Thought I'd lost the little piece between the B and the I but luckily it was on the floor....which made it easier to find than if I had been buried under the mess on my desk! (:
Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us? And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.
Also for:
Cardz 4 Guyz: autumnal colours
Ellibelle: anything goes
A Place to Start: anything goes
Double Trouble: create your own background
Make My Monday: autumn colours
613 Avenue Create: autumn colours
Stamping Sensations: autumn colours
Crafty Calendar: autumn colours
Krafty Chicks: stamp act
Moving Along With the Times: anything goes
Crafty Catz: colours of autumn

Fabulous card love all the double embossing and makes a brilliant masculine card despite all the sparkle-love it.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
Just popping back to say---Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
ReplyDeleteCarol DT x
Fabulous technique, Janice!! I wouldn't have thought to try - so glad you've shown us it can be done!! Looks super with the camouflaged-ish raised sentiment too!
ReplyDeleteDoubling embossing, well that is something new for me to try, fabulous card Jan, love the colours.
ReplyDeleteLuv CHRISSYxx
Great card, Jan! I am so impressed with the double embossing, looks awesome! And yes, I definitely think guys deserve a little sparkle, too.
ReplyDeleteFabulous card, I love the effect of the double embossing. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
ReplyDeleteLiz xx
So fun, and such a cool design! Love those birthday swags, for sure! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!
ReplyDeleteA great design and well done on the double embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
ReplyDeleteLove the embossing technique you used, and all the shine and sparkle look great! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.
ReplyDeleteIt took me awhile to determine where the double embossing was until I realized you meant heat embossing... and yes love the effect... very pretty and handsome card for sure, unique and interesting and love the raised sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.
ReplyDeleteVery cool eclipse card with the background! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)
ReplyDeleteGreat embossing technique, thanks for joining us at a Place to Start.
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along with our "Shades of Brown" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You nailed the masculine element along with your party on paper & showed a great variety of "shades of brown" in your creation. -Deb Horst, DT #C4G332
ReplyDeleteWonderful use of the varied embossing colors with those party banners picking up the Shades of Brown theme I suggested for this round over at C4G. So glad you chose to join us, Jan. Cheers, Jolanda - DT
ReplyDeleteGreat blog
ReplyDeletePlease read my post
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely fab...for anyone! Love the double embossing, what a great concept.
ReplyDelete