This week at
it's my turn to choose the challenge and I'm saying, "Make It Sew!" which means, you guessed it, I want to see sewing on your make.
Back in the day, I used to do a lot of sewing on my cards using thread and an actual sewing machine. With the popularity of stitched dies, I've definitely taken that route to get "sewing" on my cards for a number of years now. I can't even remember the last time I pulled out the ole sewing machine. I do still like the look of actual sewing on a card....but with the extra time sewing takes and the extra weight and sometimes lumpiness it adds to cards, I think I'll stick to the easy way. (:
This is what I did....
Snowman is one of my very favourite digis from Tiddly Inks. A couple of stitched dies, and some word stickers and there's another Christmas card for my stash.
Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us? And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.
Also for:
613 Avenue Create: anything goes
Peace on Earth: anything Christmas goes
Creative Fingers: anything goes
CRAFT: Christmas
Craft Rocket: layers
Addicted to Stamps: make your mark
The Holly & Ivy: anything Christmas goes
A Place to Start: anything goes

What a fabulous snowman, great layering too!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
So sweet! I can understand why that digi is a favourite. That snowman is adorable!! I love the idea of sticker words/sentiments too!
ReplyDeleteSEW nice, Jan!!! Yep, I agree; I can't be bothered to dig out the sewing machine or thread up a needle anymore. The last time I sewed something (and posted it) was 2014.
ReplyDeleteHi Jan
ReplyDeleteA great card - super cute - but I can't believe you didn't let your sewing machine have a special outing LOL!!! Surprise, surprise my machine never gets put away!
Love and hugs
Jules xoxo
Love your snowman and stitched dies, I went with stamp stitching but still have my machine oils up and use it for scrapbooking..saves glue!..gorgeous card.
ReplyDeleteLuv CHRISSYxx
How cool! ⛄️
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing with us at Addicted to stamps and more.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT
Super cute. I love the 'fake' stitching dies too. I could really get into stitching on cards, but that's a whole nother hobby, and I already have quite a few on the go :o)
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute! Love the use of the pattern papers in the background too. Thank you for sharing this with us at 613 Avenue
ReplyDelete~Tamara
Aww, this is such a sweet snowman, Jan! Love the stitched dies and the beautiful papers! Thank you so much for playing along with our 613 Avenue Create. Rosi x
ReplyDeleteDream Factory Challenge
I hear you about pull ou the sewing Maschine. I also use those dies mostly. Wonderful Snowman card!
ReplyDelete~Imke
https://mycraftyplace.wordpress.com/
It's a sweet snowman and beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteThank you for playing with us at the TH&ICC Anita DT
He is just too cute and I love the crisp, clean look of your gorgeous card!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog!
ReplyDelete