Wednesday, July 9, 2025

Ya Gotta Have Christmas in July! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Brenda's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "Ya Gotta Have Christmas in July!", so let's see those winter holiday makes!

This is what I did....


I was doing some tidying and came across this image (from Tim Holtz) already stamped on textured cardstock, from back in the day when I did all my colouring on it, and I thought I'd give that a whirl again.  I think it works well with this stamp.  Used up some scraps for the background - go me!  lol

Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

Also for:

613 Avenue Create:  any holiday
Peace on Earth:  anything Christmas goes
Sweet Stampin':  Christmas in July
Creative Fingers:  anything goes
CRAFT:  Christmas
Craft Rocket:  Christmas in July
Crafty Gals:  Christmas in July
Ellibelle's:  anything goes
Fab 'n' Funky:  Christmas in July
Unicorn Challenge:  Christmas in July
Merry Little Christmas:  anything Christmas goes
A Place to Start:  anything goes
Dream Valley:  anything goes
Neglected Stuff:  paper scraps and pre-stamped image
Addicted to Stamps:  make your mark

12 comments:

  1. It's a fabulous card and a great background!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth and The Neglected Stuff!
    Diane POE, TNS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Jan, love TH stuff with the sketchy look. and I love the background, yay to using up scraps...

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sketchy tree & ornaments! Awesome card! Thank you for sharing with us @ 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, go you! Love the way this turned out and all the pieces were just waiting there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Christmas card, Jan! The lines on this stamp coordinate so well with your paper choice; could not be any more perfect. And yep, I agree, your textured cardstock gives a very nice texture to your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great image and fabulous christmas card, Jan.

    Imke ~ a href"https://mycraftyplace.wordpress.com"/MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great Christmas card.

    Thanks for playing along with my masculine challenge over at MAWTT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jan
    A great finished card and everything tones with your gorgeous background papers perfectly.
    I was lucky enough to pick a bundle of Christmas themed stamps up at the Charity Shop we support. A box containing loads of random Christmas stamps from lots of different artists.
    I purchased the box, took out what I knew I would use. I then topped up the box with some crafty bits I was parting with and donated the box back to the charity shop again.
    You have inspired me to bring the box out and get using the stamps I kept!
    Hope all is good with you.
    Love and hugs
    Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the effect of coloring on textured paper and the way you used your scraps for the background. Great job of making your mark. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The textured card stock looks fabulous for this, an absolutely beautiful card and love your coloring!
    Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Love the composition and the paper stock! Thanks so much for sharing with us at a Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet card. Love the papers and the awesome tree. So glad you shared over at Crafty Gals Corner

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.