This week at
it's Chrissy's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "I'm So Sorry" which means she wants to see those sympathy cards.
This is what I did....
I usually do sympathy cards in white and gray or similarly muted tones but fellow Girlfriend, Imke, once commented that she likes to make sympathy cards more colourful so I thought I'd give that a try, and imho, she's right, using colours on a sympathy cards absolutely works.
Flower digi is from Beccy's Place and the sentiment is from MFT.
Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us? And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.
Also for:
613 Avenue Create: anything goes
Allsorts: from the garden
Crafty Catz: anything goes
Creative Fingers: anything goes
Ellibelle's Garden Party: anything from a garden goes
Fab 'n' Funky: summer flowers
Unicorn Challenge: flowers
Beautiful Blossoms: anything with florals as the focus goes
Triple B: blooms
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie: in the garden
A Place to Start: anything goes
Cupcake Inspirations: anything goes

Those soft colours do work well Jan, agreed, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
ReplyDeleteB x
Beautiful card, I like the color on it, perfect for a sympathy card. Glad you shared with us at Alsorts challenge!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful card! Loving the pink flower; what a lovely way to send a sorry/sympathy or other.
ReplyDeleteSo very beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms and Triple B!
Diane BB DT, TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}
Beautiful sympathy card Jan, and I love the colours too..
ReplyDeleteluv CHISSYxx
It's a beautiful CAS design and works perfectly for the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sympathy card and flowers, love the soft colours. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start.
ReplyDeleteCarol DT x
This is beautiful in it's simplicity.
ReplyDeleteI am going to remember what your friend said. It's a sad enough time so why not give some subtle colour?
Jackie DT @ 613
Hi Jan
ReplyDeleteThe hardest card to make .. .. .. but you have managed it so well here.
The sentiment works perfectly too.
Love and hugs
Jules xoxo
P.s. we went to Costco last week and as soon as we hit the cakes
I thought of you 😊 🧁🍰
Hahahaha - hope you treated yourself to one! (-;
DeleteVery elegant sympathy card. I prefer the added colour too. xxx
ReplyDeleteIt's a beautiful CAS creation, thank you so much for sharing at my Garden Party!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Sympathy card, Jan and I like the sentiment.
ReplyDeleteImke ~ my Crafty Place
https://mycraftyplace.wordpress.com/
Such a lovely card!! I like to make my sympathy cards in color too. Sometimes I even use bright colors-especially if it is someone that I have been close to. Thank you for playing with us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.
ReplyDeleteNora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge
This is perfect, Janice and I love the sentiment.
ReplyDeleteGreat advice from Imke! The colour is absolutely lovely on your sympathy card.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sympathy card with a gorgeous image and lovely words, thanks for sharing at Fab’n’Funky.
ReplyDeletePat xx
Lovely sympathy card! I always think simplicity is the key to these types of cards! Thanks for sharing this with us at A Place to Start!
ReplyDeleteHugz,
Chana
Sympathy cards are never easy to make and you've made a lovely one here, Jan. This is an excellent digi, I realized when I saw it that I had used it on a sympathy card, too.
ReplyDelete