Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Anything Goes! @ Tiddly Inks

First of all, Happy New Year, everyone!  I'm wishing you all all the best for a fan-darn-tastic 2019.



This month at


we've got the easiest challenge there is...."Anything Goes!". So all you need is any Tiddly Inks stamp and you're in!

This is what I did.....


I used Sk8tr, and it's one of my faves.  I also used some ancient scraps.....which is why the patterned paper is in that strange shape.  About....I'd say.....eight years ago or so, Authenique came out with four or five different loose per-sheet patterned paper lines.  And this was back when I hadn't yet started buying 6x6 paper pads and was still using 12x12 scrapbook paper to make cards because, at the time, I was finding that there were a lot of designs in the 6x6 pads that I didn't like, so I didn't want to buy the whole pad.  But when these came out and I could pick and choose which papers I wanted.....well.....I thought that was the best thing ever and snatched up a bunch of them.  I only have snips and scraps left now which is why I used a piece that originally had a star shape cut out of it.  But I thought it looked cool enough, so there you go.

Used fun foam for the die cut letters, gotta love fun foam for that.  To tell the truth, the sentiment almost said "bube" because my brain did not think to flip the cut side down when I picked the letters out, just went with the one that looked like the letter d when sitting on the magnetic storage sheet.  And actually, to tell the truth even truthier, the sentiment should read "pupe" because I had actually  used the p instead of the d, which I then thought was the b but it turns out the d is actually cursive which I didn't realize because it looks like a cursive f (or a cursive b if you stretch your imagination a bit) when it's cut side up on the storage magnet.  Make sense?  Doesn't really matter anyway because, as you can see, I just gave the die cut p's a little flip and it all worked out.

Why not grab a Tiddly Inks image, and join us for the challenge?  And be sure to  check out the fabulousness the DT has come up with.

Also for:

As You Like It:  anything goes
Simon Says:  anything goes
Inkspirational:  CASE - I case'd this card from Larissa....

4 comments:

  1. Great card!! I love the papers, and I don't see anything wrong with them. You made me giggle with your die cut explanation. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card! I like your use of color and pattern and your CASE is great! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Those are some tricky letters, but you out tricked them and made a wonderful guy card. I acutally love the star cut out. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Jan! Bravo for using up your scraps and that star cutout scrap paper – what an excellent idea! You cracked me up with the 'dude' sentiment story (personally I like 'pupe').

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.