Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Shake It! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Imke's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "Shake It!" which means she wants to see those shaker cards this week. I love me a shaker card!

This is what I did....


As you can see, I went with something a little different in the way of a shaker....I made the 8 the shaker part!  My inside cutting job is a bit ragged....I wanted my Silhouette to do it but it won't read the registration marks on patterned paper so I had to do it by hand.  It cut that digi candle out though.  It's from Melonheadz Illustrating.

Made this for my oldest's birthday.  And, shortly after, my phone spontaneously made me this...


I didn't even ask it to.  A little while after I took a bunch of photos of the birthday boy and his brother and sister (who still, even at the ages they are, make me have to get slightly cross with them in order to get a decent picture) I got a notification from my phone telling me my pictures were ready.  I was all like, "Huh?" and this was what it had for me.  Pretty cool, eh?  I told my phone it could make me these anytime.

Why not give our challenge a go this week and head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up?  And, while you're there, be sure to check out the fantastic projects the other Girlfriends have created.

Also for:

Dream Valley:  shaped cards
Crafty Cardmakers:  that someone special
Unicorn Challenge:  spots or stripes
Pile It On:  favourite colour - blue
613 Avenue Create:  kinetic card
Crafty Catz:  real or faux stitching
Southern Girls:  someone special
Moving Along With the Times:  for a man
As You Like It:  favourite colouring medium - I love my Prismacolor pencils.  So easy to control how much colour you put down....and, when compared with Copics, you can't beat the price!

11 comments:

  1. I love this Jan! So extremely cute, unique and perfect for the big 18! Your kids look like a bunch of fun, I'm sure things stay "shaking" around your house and such a cool picture. I think the imperfect ones are sometimes the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card and very different! I will have to borrow this idea! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog
    A Place To Start Challenge Blog https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super idea for a shaker! Happy birthday to your oldest!! They all look like such a fun bunch - even if you do have to get a bit cross from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the whimsical look it has...how fun! And what a fun pic of your gang...
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card and a great take on the whole shaker card idea too. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at 613 Avenue Create this time. Hope to see you again next time.
    hugs
    Dawn DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card a i like the way you create the shaker - great idea to put it in the number !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous 18th card!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun card - love the shaker element in the number and those awesome bold colours ;o) Thank you for playing along with our "For A Special Someone" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Have a lovely Sunday and happy crafting! Maike DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adore the card, Jan! As shaker cards cards are not my forte, seeing a nicely made one is a pleasure (and how clever of you to use the 8 for your shaker base). And then I have to say LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the photo of the kids! That phone of yours is so smart. What a nice looking family you have!!! Happy Birthday, Joel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.