Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Stitch It @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Imke's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "Stitch It!" which just means.....well, you know what it means. Real, faux, on patterned paper, theme or whatever. As long as there's some sort of stitching it's all good.

This is what I did.....


As you can see I went with faux stitching via some stitched dies.  Once upon a time I used to actually machine stitch on most of my cards.  And I loved the look of it.  Then, I got these stitched shape dies and haven't touched my machine since.  I'll admit, I haven't missed it.  I even found a couple of cards with machine stitching kicking around here and, looking at them I realize that I now prefer the die stitching to actual stitching.  Like really prefer.  And here I thought I was just being lazy by reaching for the easy-peasy die cut option.  But yeah, that's probably influencing my preferredness too.  (:

Digi is from Artherapie.  I absolutely adore it.  There are loads of freebie colouring pages on the site if you want to check it out.  

Why not give our challenge a go this week and head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up?  And, while you're there, be sure to check out the fantastic projects the other Girlfriends have created.

Also for:

Dragonfly Dreams:  things with wings
Simply Create:  use pattern paper
Aud Sentiments:  bingo + sentiment - patterned paper, digi, favourite colour (blue)
Fab 'n' Funky:  add gems (or gem in this case)
Watercolour Wednesday:  anything masculine goes
Crafty Friends:  use two or more patterned papers
Tuesday Throwdown:  add some bling

15 comments:

  1. CUTE!!!

    Thanks for sharing with us over at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I can so relate. I used to do that stitching bit, too, long ago. And like you, I no longer do. These dies look great. I have some, I need to think to use them more. This is a fantastic card! Love the image and the paper, the sentiment, and that little heart to top it all off. Perfection! And like you, I too love that site. They have excellent freebies indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, love those irds and how you've used the DSWp to keep it masculine. Thanks for joining in the fun at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Andrea. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Your love birds are adorable and the layers and stitching really finish off your creation. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. I love everything about it from the birds to the paper.
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.
    Narelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges-Masculine Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘use more than 2 papers’ challenge with your lovely little love birds card… It will certainly brighten someone's day! Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw!
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card....Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky challenges :)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card and the fabulous image!! All the die stitching looks fantastic too! Like you, I haven't touched my machine to stitch paper for years!! I think it is laziness for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yip, it's laziness for me and a bit of a time factor. This is a wonderful card, I love the sweet sketchy birdies and all that wonderful stitching. Going to visit Artherapie, hope I don't get lost.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very cute image - great for lots of things! Love the patterned paper you used and the die cut stitching. That's my preferred option too! Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice article admin thanks for share your article keep share your knowledge i am waiting for your new post check custom t shirts boys t shirts kindly review and reply me

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.