Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Bring Your Teddy Bear To Work Day @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Brenda's turn to choose the challenge and she's (belatedly) celebrating "Bring Your Teddy Bear To Work Day" which mean she wants to see projects that either have bears on them or have to do with work/working. Isn't that awesomely fun? I sure think it is.

Ever have one of those situations where everything manages to fall exactly into place and you actually come up with a project that nails the challenge? So much so that you reward yourself with a bowl of ice cream for lunch because you were such a good DT Member this week? Welp, that was me for this challenge. [Although, in the interest of full disclosure I've also rewarded myself with a bowl of ice cream (or other various treats) for a myriad of "did good" reasons that may or may not include instances like: taking the dog for a walk even though it was (barely) drizzling, waiting until my coworker turned her back before rolling my eyes, remembering to take meat out of the freezer for supper etc.]

So, this is what I did.....


See that?!?!  It's a bear who is going to work!!  A bear.  Going to work.  Challenge defeated!

Apparently it's Loud Tie Tuesday at his firm too.

Digi is from Whimsie Doodles who are, sadly, out of business.  I had initially wondered about a sentiment....I wasn't sure what sort of occasion to have this card be for.  I decided to go with a pun because PUNS GO WITH EVERYTHING.  (Don't try to argue with me on that, I'll fight you.)

Why don't you give our challenge a go this week and head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up.  And, while you're there, be sure to check out the fabulous projects the other Girlfriends have created.

Also for:

Watercolour Wednesday:  masculine
2 Crafty Critters:  use a critter
Cutie Pie:  anything cute goes
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie:  inspirational photo - I was inspired by the colours.
As You Like It:  favourite stitching style - I love stitched dies.  So quick and easy, and never crooked!  (:
Allsorts:  spots & stripes
Colour Crazy:  anything with colouring goes
Fab 'n Funky:  feature a creature

14 comments:

  1. Girllllllll...you DID nail this one!!! Great card, and I'm with you 100% on puns. Great coloring, excellent paper choices, too. And like you, I have quite a few Whimsie Doodles stamps and was sad to see them close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH...MY...GOODNESS! Not only is he darling, HE IS PERFECT! I think you should go treat yourself again, partially because that pun is perfection on top of perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Spots and Stripes' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute and cuddly. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a handsome bear he is too!!! Gorgeous card, the papers look yummy

    Thank you for joining in with the Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, Jan, that bear is adorable! Love the colouring and the awesome sentiments. The background papers were a perfect choice. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable image! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet little bear. Thanks for sharing your adorable design at Colour Crazy Challenge.
    Silke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts, welcome back;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card, Jan, and am giggling myself silly over the sentiments! I have a background in the legal field and this is superb. Putting on a DT hat now - Thanks so much for supporting our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month and good luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great masculine card, Jan. That bear is so cute. Thanks for joining us at the Water Cooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb masculine card Jan. Perfect for our challenge at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Thanks for playing with us. Dawn ~DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card - the bear and the wonderful sentiment! Love the funny post too. You deserve a second scoop for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous, super cute!...Thanks for joining us the Cutie Pie Challenge :)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.