Wednesday, March 10, 2021

You Spin Me Round @ Little Red Wagon

 This week at

 

it's Kate's turn to hit us with another earworm (:-D) and she's singing saying, "You Spin Me Round" which means she wants to see projects with circles.  Roll on!

This is what I did.....


I think I've filled the circle quota, don't you?  This was the card I made for my middlest.  I'm the mom of two adults now!  What does that mean?  Means I'm old - lol!  

*sigh*  I remember when I used to have something to say/stuff to write about.  Not much to observe/experience these days, amirite?  Still, we appear to be in the home stretch....hopefully.  I was thinking the other day of the little things that I miss that I didn't realize I miss, iykwim.  Of course there's all the big things like visiting with family & friends, going to sporting events etc., and the smaller things like eating in a restaurant, going to the movies etc.  I was at work the other day when it suddenly hit me about how much I miss "afternoon exercises".  Not my exercises, other people's.  Let me explain....

In the building where I work there is a small rehabilitation gym.  Every afternoon the (amazing) therapist would have a walking class to help people relearn proper walking techniques.  Now, this wasn't extensive physical therapy for someone who had a major accident or stroke.  I believe it was more for people who had hip or knee surgery (so generally seniors) after spending time (possibly years) with an incorrect gait because of compensating for pain.  The goal of this class was to fix those bad habits post-surgery/recovery.  

The gym isn't actually big enough to walk around in so the class would take to the corridors of the building.  Now, the hallways are fairly narrow, only two people could be side by side comfortably.  So, the therapist would stand in a corner down the hall from my office to watch her charges....and call out corrections.  

And, that's where the fun of it was.  Now, seeing as my door was usually mostly shut, I couldn't see the walkers, I could just hear them.  And, man, I'm sure glad I could.  At least a few times a month I would hear gems like this.....

Therapist:  "Don't forget to swing your arms, Paul!  Not that fast, Paul!"  And I would hear a muttered, "You said you wanted arm swinging.... " as he went by my door.

Therapist:  "Great job, Jane!  That's right, keep up those strides!"  And I would hear a muttered, "Go walk in traffic, Jane" as not-Jane went by my door.

Person 1: "On your left"....Person 2:  *grunt*....Therapist:  "Not so fast, you two!"  Of course I'd be chuckling, picturing them both careening off the next corner in some sort of elderly Sam Wilson/Steve Rogers parody.

Yeah, it was definitely a highlight of my day.  Guess I did manage to find something to say after all.  :)

Why not give our challenge a go this week and head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up?  And, while you're there, be sure to check out the wonderful projects the other Girlfriends have created.

Also for:

Crafty Catz:  die cuts/punches
Make My Monday:  masculine birthday
Corrosive:  anything goes
Crafty Creations:  anything goes
Cardz 4 Guyz:  for a teenager
Crafty Sentiments: anything goes
Try Stamping on Tuesdays:  large sentiment
AAA Birthday:  patterned paper


21 comments:

  1. Hi Jan

    A great card .. .. .. and definitely lots of circles to keep Kate happy there!

    I now have that songs going round in my head! LOL!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fussed and fidgeted so with this challenge. I originally planned to use the same embossing folder, perfect for this challenge. I also love that circle 8. Brilliant card and great story. HBD to your Middlest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Dylan!!! I love his card. Very masculine. Very hipp. And you soooooo cracked me up with the corridor conversations. Hopefully they'll be back again soon. And thanks to Kate for getting that song in my mind which I will probably be singing ALL evening long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Jan, love your design, the 18 looks awesome, love the embossing and papers..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfection...you couldn't have created a more perfect card for our "teenager" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you would enjoy all those walkers passing your door ;)
    Fab card, as ever, you have defo fulfilled the circles there. And thanks, you ear wormed me! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card and so pleased you joined us at crafty catz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card. Great masculine look. Thanks for sharing over at Make My Monday, Crafty Catz, Cardz 4 Guyz, Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your great masculine birthday card! It is difficult to think that we are old enough for adult children (my youngest turns 24 this year). My body does let me know about it though. Love your reminiscing on pre-pandemic memories. Physical Therapists are the best and certainly not given enough credit for keeping people moving. Thank you for playing in my masculine birthday at MMM and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice - so much wonderful texture here, and I love the eclectic sentiments! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Circles galore, Jan! You definitely met your round goal! Yo also met our Try Stampin' on Tuesday challenge to make your sentiment big and front and center!!! Thank you for sharing your funny stories and your great card with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super masculine card that could be adapted for any age.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect card for a young adult, Jan. I like all the circles on it. HB2 your son.

    I also miss the normality of the past. My ways have been work, grocery shopping - at home for months (here in Germany it is still a lockdown). Visiting the family now and then, meeting few friends - that sucks !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous masculine card, love it. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday,hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card! I especially like the circles for the eight. Happy birthday to your middle too!

    And, for the record, I was singing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this the patterns are very masculine and it's perfect for your 'grown up'. Your not old yet. Mine's in his twenties! Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect sentiment for our challenge, Jan, and enjoyed reading about the therapy! Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday #497.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is so awesome! Masculine and cool with tire tracks yet loving with the red circle. Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join again! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Es muy bonita la tarjeta!
    Gracias por unirte a The Corrosive Challenge (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome use of the patterned paper! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.