Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Smell the Roses! @ Little Red Wagon

 This week at


it's Chrissy's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "Smell the Roses" which means that.....well....I thought it meant that she wanted to see flowers....but it turns out she's looking for spring flowers on a card to celebrate spring.  And, I'll let you guys decide if my card fits that theme enough or not....


You know what?  Looking at it here, those could totally be spring flowers.  I'm seeing irises and.....omg, Google, you couldn't give me one flower that was yellow with a white centre.  *glares at Google*  I'm seeing irises and mutant dandelions.  There.

Digi is from Paraes on Etsy.  She has a lot of lovely images in a wide range of styles.  I love the bold, angular lines of this one.  Could be used for so many occasions too.

Why not give our challenge at go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

Also for:

Aud Sentiments:  use a birthday sentiment
Addicted To Stamps:  any occasion
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday:  something beginning with B - blue, black, blooms
Simon Says:  anything goes
Watercooler Wednesday:  all about occasions
Allsorts:  any 3 colours of the rainbow
Sweet Stampin':  no squares
613 Avenue Create:  in the garden

16 comments:

  1. That's a stunning image and your colouring of it has brought it to life. A fabulous card and I think it fits the theme perfectly :)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! You nailed the theme. Those are DEFINITELY spring flowers. I love this card's design. The digi is gorgeous and your design highlights it beautifully. And those enamel dots? The perfect final touch. I like how you placed them. I'm making a mental note to try them that way, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan

    What a great card!

    Love your image .. .. and your flowers fit the bill to me! Fancy Mr Google letting you down! Tut Tut!!

    Great finished look and fabulous colouring.

    Hope all is well with you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect Jan,gorgeous image and colouring, really lovely card..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those certainly look like spring flowers to me!! What a fabulous image and coloured so wonderfully. I'm especially impressed with your shading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card,great design and love the beautifully coloured image.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous image and colouring, great design- they definitely look like spring flowers! Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin'
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card. Great coloring and image. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you've coloured this cool image. The blue background is a great choice. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super feminine image on your pretty Birthday card, many thanks for joining in with our Rainbow theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that digi and you've coloured it beautifully with a great layout too. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know, I read 'smell the roses' and I was expecting a whanm of pink. But instead I got the most wonderful creation with a lovely blue. Gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely birthday card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful creation!
    Thank you so much for joining in at my April Crafty Wednesday challenge. A new theme starts tomorrow, would love for you to stop by and check it out then!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is quite simply the cutest Mother's Day card. The design lets your coloring and the wonderful image shine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally spaced out this challenge and I'm so sorry I missed commented on this wonderful creation. Those are definitely spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.