This week at
it's my turn to choose the challenge and I'm saying, "Stitching Sensations!" which just means that I want to see stitching on your project. So many ways you could get that sewing on there....die cut, faux, actual machine or hand stitching, even patterned paper with stitches on it.
I do love stitching on cards. Back some time ago I used to almost always machine wonky stitch on my cards. While I still do love that look, my sewing machine has been pretty much unused since stitched dies starting coming out. So much easier, so much quicker, and so much less bulk! Since I don't have as much time to craft these days, I don't think I'd have any stitching on my makes if it wasn't for dies.
Anyhoo, this is what I did....
As you can see, I've used a couple of stitched square dies and a stitched tag. Originally, I had planned on using a stitched snowflake in the upper right corner there, but it turns out I don't have any stitched snowflakes....or if I do, I couldn't find them. I'm actually glad, I do like the tag/twine/bells combo. Digi is from Tiddly Inks and is one of my faves. I think I've done a least one Christmas card with this image for many, many years now.
So, why not give our challenge a go this week and join us? And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.
So, that was the card portion of our post....on to the craft area part! I don't know if any of you will remember this, but I've been in the process of redoing my craft area/office since late December when my daughter and I painted the room. (Gawd, it's been, like, seven months and I still make an awful ugly face when I think about painting it. Safe to say I still hate painting.) Efforts to get my craft area glam-up done were severely hampered by supply chain issues with getting the furniture and just a lack of time for me to get everything in place. I was going to wait until I had everything 'just so' before sharing but I've come to realize that could possibly be never. In truth, I could have taken photos a few weeks ago but my desk was absolutely piled with supplies from quick-'n'-dirty craft sessions. On the weekend I finally got my desk cleared and snapped some photos before I did any crafting...though glancing over, it's actually not too bad right now. Shocker.
Okay, so here are the before pics, you'll notice I didn't bother to tidy up before taking these....
And this is what it was turned into....
Had to include that closer up of my desk as it really never looks that clean. Yeah, so aside from adding some more things to the pegboard, figuring out where I want to put some of the stuff that's just shoved into the cubbies for now, and hanging a couple of pictures, that's my craft area sorted. Needless to say, I have way more room and storage options....and a lot less found-at-the-side-of-the-road-with-a-free-sign-on-it desks.
One thing I want to point out, see that cube with the circle in it on the bottom row of the shelving unit? It's actually a cat bed, that's made to fit in this storage system. My older cat, Daisy, doesn't want anything to do with it, but my younger cat, Ollie, likes to nap in there when I craft. It's looks very cute when he's snuggled up in there. (:
So, that's pretty much that. Really wish I could stay and craft today but it's off to work I go. To the office where there's something wrong with the temperature controls and it's usually about 15ºC in there. One of these days I'm just gonna break down and wear socks with my sandals. Hey, if the 45 and up male crowd can manage to get away with black almost-to-their-knees socks with shorts, I could get away with short socks with sandals, couldn't I? You're right.....I won't do it. (:
Also for:
Aud Sentiments: anything goes
ABC Christmas: O is for old - Everything is old, old papers, old digi, old twine, old dies, old bells, person who did the crafting (;
Addicted To Stamps: any occasion
Crafty Gals Corner: Christmas in July
Fab 'n' Funky: anything goes
Simon Says: anything goes
The Holly & Ivy: anything Christmas goes
TTCRD: anything goes
Unicorn Challenge: Christmas in July
Christmas With the Cuties: Christmas + cute + not just Rockin' Robin
Cutie Pie: little cuties
Double Trouble: Christmas in July + bling it on
Dream Valley: Christmas in July
Alphabet Challenge: H is for holidays
My Time to Craft: Christmas in July
My Time to Christmas Craft: cutesy Christmas
Christmas Craft Creations: patterned paper





I love your card, the colours are just fab and sweet little Wryn looks so cosy with her mug of hot chocolate.
ReplyDeleteWow, your room transformation looks amazing and you will enjoy crafting in there with everything to hand and neat and tidy. thank you for showing the photo's, it's always great to see how other crafters store their stash and to get ideas we can take on board.
Lorraine
Fabulous card Jan, love the sweet image and beautiful colouring, and cheeky stitching.. your room is amazing, what a great space, love all the furniture and storage, I LOVE white, so fresh..
ReplyDeleteLuv CHRISSYxx
Love the card! She is gorgeous and so is your room (Instead of being jealous, I'm going to choose to be over the moon happy for you!) FYI - That's how you tell it's winter in Hawaii, wearing socks with slippers/sandals. Answer any comments by saying you are doing a tropical winter look.
ReplyDeleteThat's such a sweet card, very pretty colors on the background paper. And what a GREAT craft room, looks amazing! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble!
ReplyDeleteJan: It's great to see your craft office space re-formatted! It looks terrific! And your Christmas card is super cute! The stitched die gives a great simple textual look without bulk in all 3 locations! The girl is too cute! Thanks for linking to both MTTC and MTTCC! We appreciate the support! --Becca/DT
ReplyDeleteYou've created such a wonderful winter/Christmas card, I love the motif you used, and your colourring is amazing. I like the colour scheme, too - especially the stripes in the background caught my eyes. Your craft room transformation is fantastic, I can imagine not wanting to leave... especially not to go to a 15ºC cooling chamber. I wouldn't think about socks on that level, I'd show up in full winter gear, no discussion. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Veronika
I say wear the socks if your feet are cold! Now about this craft room...WOWSA!!! It looks fantastic!!! And look at that little napping space for Ollie, so cute. It turned out great and I know you're pleased. As to the card...SUPER cute! And like you I used to occasionally stitch, but gave that up long ago. Your coloring coordinates so well with your paper and I like your bright color composition. Bravo!
ReplyDeleteLove your new glam place and glad you are back to scrapping... what an adorable image and great coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.
ReplyDeleteThis is adorable and I love your colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)
ReplyDeleteBahahaha, socks with sandals! Let me confess something to you...when I was younger, I absolutely HATED touching stones or grass with my feet exposed, so I DID wear socks with sandals. I'm talking around the age of 10 or so...looking back now, I cringe! ANYWAY, I LOVE this card!! When I was entering my cards into challenges the other day, I kept seeing it (actually I am right next to it in some of them!), and I kept thinking how much I loved it, so I am super glad that I get to comment on it as part of a DT! Your coloring is exceptional, and I love that striped paper! Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas and good luck! PS. I love your re-done craft space! :)
ReplyDelete~Marie B -DT
Lovely card as always, Jan. I fell in love with the colors and as always your coloring it top. I also love to use those stitching dies - have a lot and use them mostly on my cards.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your new craft room. It looks so nice with the white and grey color combi. So fresh and modern. Enjoy !
Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE
A very sweet card. Thankyou for joining us at Aud Sentiments.
ReplyDeleteMary
Oh my, what a great card for the stitching challenge! Beautiful coloring of that image and great papers too! I absolutely LOVE how you transformed your craft room - it looks beautiful and so organized. I am just loving that little cat bed you added too - what a thoughtful and charming addition for your cat who keeps you company while you craft! You thought of everything :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a super card! And the stitching looks fabulous. I like the little tag in the corner too so good thing the stitched snowflake hid for a bit.
ReplyDeleteAnd your craft room!!! You must be over-the-moon delighted with how it turned out! I love that there's a built-in cat bed too. :)
Cute card with pretty colors! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
ReplyDeleteNeva DT
Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our "Christmas in July" challenge!
ReplyDeleteA really cute card, beautifully coloured and your craftroom looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at the Christmas With the Cuties Challenge.
Helen x
DT