Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Make It With Circles! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Brenda's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "Make It With Circles!" which means she wants to see those roundest of shapes on your card.

This is what I did....

Not sure why the lighting is so weird on this photo.  As you can see, I've got lots of circles on there!  Inspiration for this card came from this lovely make.  The inspo card uses an ink blended background, but since I am horrible at ink blending, I just used a watercoloured-look piece of patterned paper instead.  It was pretty fun to make this card, figuring out where to die cut the circles and circle frames....until it came to attaching that one skinny arch in the lower left corner.  That took a lot of cutting of pop dots, which is not my idea of a good time.  Plus there was no food involved, so that's also a reason why it wasn't my idea of a good time.  (:

So, why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made. 

Also for:

Ellibelle's:  anything goes
Fab 'n' Funky:  anything goes
TTCRD:  anything goes
AAA Birthday:  anything birthday goes


8 comments:

  1. I went and looked at the inspiration project, and I daresay, I like yours better. I like your embellishment at the top and your paper gives it some pep! And bravo for having the patience to do this at all, because I seriously doubt I would have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also went and looked at the inspiration piece...thanks for that link, by the way!
    I can understand how it could get really frustrating to get pieces of pop dots under the thin parts of the circles. It was totally worth it because your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look and design of your card, so very striking! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This looks spectacular! I love the paper behind the circles! So elegant looking! Thanks for playing with us at Through The Craft Room Door this month! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous design! And your designer paper works wonderfully - and saves inky fingers too. Plus, like the others, I prefer your card to the original. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree, I like yours best. The background is just way more interesting, but the other card is nice. Thanks for persevering through the process even without the fortification of food=}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Such a fun card, and the design paper behind the circles really makes it pop! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday! Hope to see you in future challenges too! Take care and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very cool design! Love your die cutting and that background paper is super.Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.