Wednesday, August 6, 2025

Set a Course...For Home @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's my turn to choose the challenge and I'm saying, "Set a Course...For Home" which means I would like to see projects that have any kind of building on them.

This is what I did....


I made this up in Canva...except for the lil hearts, they are stamped with an old little wooden stamp I picked up from somewhere and have had forever.  Let me tell you, was I ever holding my breath when I did the stamping as I didn't think of doing it until the entire card was put together.  Add that to the fact that my ink pads are mostly cheapies I've gotten here or there and they are fairly ancient (as far as ink pads go) and since it was a wooden stamp, I couldn't use my Misti.  (I know, I probably could have pried the stamp off the block, but I also don't really have anything that would make the stamp stick to the Misti).....anyhoo, that's a lot of explanation for something that actually turned out almost perfectly.  (Just don't look too closely at the green heart.)

Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

613 Avenue Create:  anything goes
Dragonfly Dreams:  lots of layers
Alphabet Challenge:  H is for home
Crafty Catz:  anything goes
Creative Fingers:  anything goes
My Time to Craft:  2+ designer papers
Tic Tac Toe:  any colour, free, sentiment
Ellibelle's:  anything goes
A Place to Start:  anything goes
Neglected Stuff:  use neglected stuff

15 comments:

  1. A fantastic card! Loving your choice of colours and I LOVE the sentiment!!!
    Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
    Bettascrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Jan! I love the image and your coloring, the sentiment, and couldn't-be-any-more-perfect papers. The cute little hearts (bravely applied :-) are the ideal finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous little house and fabulous colouring Jan, love the hearts for smoke and perfectly stamped sentiment, how nerve wracking..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG what a fun & fabulous card! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Neglected Stuff challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Neglected Stuff Co-Owner
    NEGLECTED STUFF CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, love your papers and the great coloring. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautifully created card and the little hearts finish it off so nicely! I totally understand the "holding your breath" when you stamped them. Too often I have ruined a card by adding the last bit of stamping!! But your hearts turned out perfectly even looking closely at that green heart :)
    Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so lovely. Thanks for joining my theme at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful home-inspired card! I love your colouring, and how it matches the background papers. Those little hearts are one of the first things that caught my eyes, and I think they are absolutely perfect. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute - love the house image. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jan
    What a gorgeous card .. .. your little house is beautiful .. .. as are your hearts (which I inspected very, very closely LOL!!!).
    We are well spoilt with our stamping platforms aren't we. How did we ever manage without them ?
    Enjoy your weekend when it arrives.
    Love and hugs
    Jules xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear you Jan about stamping with wooden stamps. I also have some and it´s always a surprise for me if they are straight and matches the paper. Anyway your hearts are perfect and they are the perfect touch for the house.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz Challenge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and Kate are getting so fancy! I love the way this turned out and the stamped hearts look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhh - you are BRAVE! Great job with the three coloured hearts along with the rest of the card. Your papers are just perfect with the "home/house" theme too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully done! Thanks for accepting the challenge at A Place To Start !
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.