Wednesday, April 29, 2020

White Space! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Imke's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying "White (or any other colour) Space!" That means she wants to see those clean cards, with lots of uncluttered, unpatterned space. I love cas cards but I seldom make them so I love it when a challenge makes me - yay!

This is what I did.....


I used a veeeerrrrrry old, picked up at a garage sale (from last year.....or maybe even the year before??) Stamping Bella stamp called Ginger Ketto.  I actually wonder if it might be a pre-Tiddly Ink from Christy.  (If anyone knows for sure, please leave me a comment.  (: )  Makes no difference, I adore her no matter what her lineage.

I did some paper piecing for the outfit....but had a bit of a quandary over what to do about her wings....should I glitter them, colour them, paper piece them with a different paper??  Like, it was really a big brain discussion, I wanted them to be noticeable, but to not be the standout feature of the card.  It went on for quite a bit.....until that little part of my brain....the one that sits way in the back, slumped in a chair, barely paying attention to the ruckus that tends to go on finally spoke up and said....

"Hey, Dumbasses.  That's a bow, not wings."

Oh.  Right.  Same colour as the shirt, it is then.

I actually had the image all done and ready to go without thought to how to put it together on a card.  A perusal through my collection of digi sentiments (this one from Create With TLC) gave me a number of options but I couldn't resist this one as it had a built in line for her to perch on.

After all, seeing as she doesn't have wings she needs to stand on something.

Why don't you give our challenge a go this week and head on over to Little Red Wagon and link up?  And, while you're there, be sure to check out the fabulous projects the other Girlfriends have created.

Also for:

AAA Cards:  one image + cas
Retro Rubber:  anything goes
Crafty Sentiments:  for girl
Simon Says:  anything goes
Cards 4 Galz:  pink & black
Stamplorations: cas
QKR Stampede:  anything goes
Crafty Catz:  anything goes
Corrosive Challenge:  anything goes
613 Avenue Create:  anything goes

17 comments:

  1. Janice, you always make me smile, Girlfriend! Love this card, the sentiment is special and the image is darling and so perfect with your paper piecing. This reminds me, know I had a few of these images (and you are right, looks like one of Christy's older images). I wonder where there are and if the made the cut from the last purge. Off to see...Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love it! The paper piecing is perfection and you could NOT have chosen a better sentiment. You cracked me up with the wings/bow discovery. I've had that happen, too, not really able to tell what something was 'til I stepped back from it and then it's like it popped out at me. Or I completely overlooked it and then it was glaringly obvious once the entire card was finished and I couldn't correct it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you did make me laugh ! Fabulous card great colouring. Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create x

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone what says they don't do clean, you've done an excellent job! Love the texture of the card front, the bold colour scheme and stitched edges. Your story made me smile - as you were musing on how to colour the wings, I was looking at it and thinking, "Wings? Where? I only see sleeves!" Thank you so much for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A terrific card! Bold and CAS! Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your card, Jan. The sentiments fits great with the image and your fussy die cutting.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card with a beautiful stamp! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's awesome and I love that sentiment! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay and craft instead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you have done this card with the sentiment large and the image beautifully pieced, I did laugh at the "bow wings". Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good Luck and looking forward to see you again in our next challenge.

    Faith QKR Stampede DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love her! The simplicity of the design is just perfect for the image and words. Thanks so much for playing along with our Pink and Black theme at Cardz 4 Galz, Deborah. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL!! I love how you narrated your train of thought about this sweet girl's "wings", at first I thought you were referring to the sleeves but then I kept reading and finally understood, thank you for the laugh!!
    I love this super CAS card, you it so well, love the bold colors on this cutie pie's dress and the sentiment is fabulous.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Hugs.
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a delightful CAS design! Your coloring and composition are both spot on! Thanks for your awesome entry into our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute stamp and I love the sentiment, wonderful card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great CAS design! And it's always great to use an old stamp, isn't it? Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous CAS card and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful CAS Design and I love that sentiment.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.