Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Birthdays! @ Little Red Wagon

 This week at


it's Imke's turn to choose the challenge and she's going easy on everyone....she wants to see those Birthday! projects.

This is what I did.....


This went in the mail for my uncle's 80th, so I decided not to use any embellishments.  While it did make it through the Canada Post mail is-it-to-thick? measuring tool despite having some bulky layers, it did require extra postage for the weight.  I'm thinking the additional 40¢ is a small price to pay in order to avoid undue stress....which I would totally feel if I forced myself to make a card without layers or *gasp* without pop dots.

Digi is from Mo's Digital Pencil.  It's pretty much the perfect digi for.....*ahem*.....seasoned recipients.  Oh, but I don't mean seasoned like liberally sprinkled with salt, pepper, oregano and/or your chosen herb and spices.  Just, you know, the old.  ((((:

So, why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made. 

Also for:

Craft Rocket:  dots and/or stripes
Simon Says:  anything goes
TTCRD:  anything goes
Double Trouble:  let's punch it out
Allsorts:  spots and/or stripes
613 Avenue Create:  anything goes
Dragonfly Dreams:  birthday
Crafty Catz:  anything goes
Creative Fingers:  anything goes
The Male Room:  song title - Happy Birthday to You by Weird Al Yankovic - Honestly, with the expression on the birthday boy's face, I think he's actually listening to this song. 


15 comments:

  1. Great card and I'm sure your Uncle loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha what a great sentiment Jan and I just love the image and fabulous colouring, awesome card..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image and your description of seasoned... I'll be 80 in December so well seasoned too. and a little bit of sugar and spice. Great coloring and love the sentiment. Don't forget to check out Thing 1's extra chance on our random draw with just a comment of what drink (punch or other) you took to your scrapping space. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real fun card for your Uncle, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the image and sentiment combo, so fun and beautifully done! So nice to see you sharing with us at Allsorts challenge and thank you for including my optional theme of spots and/or stripes too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card- perfect sentiment to team with that fabulous image! Great design and papers. Hope your uncle is suitably impressed!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card love this image and fabulous colouring. Thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous image - love the card, Jan! Thank you for playing along with Double Trouble Challenge #121. Thank you for playing along with Double Trouble Challenge #121. (PS - I am almost 77.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card - love the paper mix for the background too. Thanks for joining in at TMR

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this card! Great image and perfect sentiment.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sentiment is hilarious! What a fun card and perfect for the guy sense of humor! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun, fun card for your uncle!! Your colouring is fabulous and the 80 in the balloon is a fantastic touch (and worth the additional postage)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is definitely fun! I love the sentiment and the dimension is definitely worth the money. Iʻm sure your uncle loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfectly fun birthday card!! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabet

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.