Wednesday, August 27, 2025

G is for Gentleman! @ Little Red Wagon

This week at


it's Imke's turn to choose the challenge and she's continuing to work her way through the alphabet and she's saying, "G is for Gentleman!" meaning she wants to see those masculine makes.

This is what I did.....


I went with this amazing digi from Poppy Lane Digital (whose Etsy shop appears to be closed ): ) and made a birthday card.  I absolutely love this style of digi stamp.  Sentiment was made in Canva.

I need to make a very important announcement.  Even though the sentiment states "When life sends you a birthday...eat cake!" I would like to point out that anytime life sends you anything is an appropriate time to eat cake.  Got sent an email?  Cake.  Got sent to the 'next available agent'?  Cake.  Got sent a package from Amazon?  Well, hopefully it's cake, because cake.  I rest my case. 

Why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

Also for:

As You Like It:  favourite colouring medium - I love me my Prismacolour pencils!  Easier to control how much colour to put down and less expensive than markers.
A Place to Start:  anything goes
Dream Valley:  2 or more papers
613 Avenue Create:  anything goes
Dragonfly Dreams:  lots of layers
Allsorts:  something that begins with B - birthday, blue, blow
Creative Fingers:  anything goes
Simon Says:  anything goes

12 comments:

  1. Love what you have done with this great digi! Your coloring and paper choices are perfect! The sentiment and digi combination are a fabulous reminder that we can refocus on the joys of cake as we age and worry less about tight pants!! Thanks for sharing your card with August's "Lots of Layers" challenge on the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick .. .. grab a cake Jan .. .. you have another comment on your blog!! LOL!!!
    A great image and sentiment.
    Love the finished look very much.
    Love and hugs
    Jules xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, he is fun and fabulous Jan and I agree if you want cake you eat cake, me..it is cheese on toast, if I want cheese on toast I'll eat it..awesome card..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! He definitely has that give me some cake look on his face. Come to think of it I could use some cake right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card and perfect for the guys, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card!! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card, what a fabulous image. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge using the B option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun and fabulous masculine card, Jan !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE
    https://mycraftyplace.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masculine card with beautifully colored digi, Jan! Love your paper choices, too. About the sentiment and your take on it...you cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful card, Jan! You coloring is simply awesome! Thanks for another delightful submission to our challenge at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for that important announcement. It will come in very handy. I tell my (now grown) kids that, if I read something online, it must be true as "they" wouldn't let people post just anything. So cake. :)

    Your card is awesome! I'm just loving those cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for joining us over at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.