Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Who needs red and green?

While I have made some cards this year that follow the "mainstream" Christmas colours, I've made so many more that use non-traditional colours. Case in point...



Now, I realize that blue and white are hardly wacky colours to use for Christmas, and they are becoming a commonly used Christmas colour combo (but wait 'til you see what I've got coming up next ;-) ).

For:

Charisma Cardz: sketch + no image
Daring Cardmakers: December birthstone - turquoise They are sponsored by Flourish With a Bling this week.
Top Tip Tuesday: use ribbon
Penny's Challenges: Merry Christmas
ABC Challenge: J is for jewels

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jan! I love the colors you chose. Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!! And Merry Christmas!!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan.
    This is really nice. Great colors, so "not chrismassy". ;-)
    I love the ribbon and the sentiment also.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Pennys Papercrafty Challenge.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card and a great take on our sketch. Thank you for joining Charisma this week, Good Luck
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used non traditional colors- just perfect.
    Thank you for joining us this week at
    TopTipTuesday
    Hope to see you real soon.

    text to click on

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow a fab card!! Thanks for joining in this weeks Sketch with a Twist challenge at Charisma this week! Gemma :)
    P.S. check out my yummy blog candy here, ends 12/12! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo pretty - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card,
    thanks for joining in with DCM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is lovely, and I think icy blues and turquoise are just right for the Christmas season....especially this year it seems! Thanks for sharing it with The Daring Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's! Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.