Sunday, July 3, 2022

Guest Rocker @ 613 Avenue Create

At the beginning of the year I was thrilled to be offered a Guest Designer spot at 613 Avenue Create.  Yay!


This month optional twist for the challenge is "Black & White".  But then I, for some unknown reason, thought it was "Black & White with Gold or Silver Accents".  So, mine is a little more than just black & white.  

This is what I did...


Is it just me, or is the photo fuzzy on the left side?  Anyhoo, I made this for my sub-baby, Matt, as he graduated from high school this year.  (Sub-baby is the term I've coined for my kids SOs.)  He's already secured a full time job at a local electrician company, as he would like to go to college next year to become an electrician, and while he's worked two part time jobs for the past few years, as well as cutting grass for a few people, he wants to save up some more before going to school.  Plus, this gives him a good idea of whether he'd like to be an electrician before he goes through school for it.

The lil graduating head is a digi is from Melonheadz Illustrating.  In my Silhouette Designer program I added the letters for the sentiment.  I know this might be common knowledge but I'm gonna mention it anyway.....Did you know you can easily make digi sentiments in the Silhouette Designer program?  All you gotta do is type the letters you want and pick the font you want.  Next use the Fill option to fill the letters with colour, and then change the Cut Line to the same colour as your fill.  Then just print your design.  Easy-peasy!  And I just popped over to the Silhouette website, and it appears that you can still download a free version of the Silhouette software.  So, you don't even need a Silhouette machine to do this!  I'm guessing this same technique would probably work with Cricut software as well, but seeing as I've never used it, I can't be certain.

Now, a little about the sizing of this card.  I intended to do a standard slimline....but I did not make my image small enough in order to make that happen.  I even knew exactly what size it was (8.5"), and still thought it would work.  D'oh!  So, it's 3.5" tall, but it's 10.5" wide.  I'm calling it a supersize slimline.  (:

And, that about all I've got to say....except, you should join the challenge!  You can link up any papercraft for the Anything Goes theme, or play the Black & White twist.  Challenge is for the month of July, so no excuse not to enter.  Hope to see you there!

Also for:

Dream Valley:  all occasions
Sweet Stampin':  use numbers
Crafty Catz:  anything goes
Simon Says:  anything goes
Paper Funday:  masculine
Cardz 4 Guyz:  summer theme - In Canada, the school year ends at the end of June and then it's summer break.
TTCRD:  anything goes
Cupcake Inspirations:  oh my stars


8 comments:

  1. Super cute card for your sub-baby! Congrats to him!!! And what a smart young man to work a bit first before jumping into college. Back to the card...great design, great how you've done the sentiment, and great complimenting paper choice...an all around great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our SUMMER challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Super cute graduation card...one sure to bring a smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous graduation card for a clever and hard-working young man! Thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back to say thank you for playing along at Sweet Stampin' too- this fits our numbers challenge perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great graduation card! Thanks for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Best,
    Sweta
    CIC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun graduation card! Absolutely in love with your monochrome color combination. Love the gold and silver stars you added. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to summer and welcoming your son into the working world. Great grad card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Cheers, Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, thanks for playing along with our 'Anything Goes' challenge @ Dream Valley.
    Good Luck & Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.