Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Time For Ice Cream! @ Little Red Wagon

 This week at


it's Doni's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "It's Time For Ice Cream!" which just means she wants to see those ice cream treats on your project.

Ah, ice cream.  I LOVE ice cream.  But, I'm kinda fussy about my ice cream.  It think it stems from years of painstaking research to develop a discerning palate.  I'm aware that there will be few of you, Dear Readers, who will have the experience I do with ice cream.  So, allow me to educate.

The best ice cream is soft serve.  Now, before you quizzically look at your cone from McDonalds or Dairy Queen, it's not just any soft serve.  The best soft serve comes from Erie Drive-In in Stratford, Ontario.  And, yes, I am aware that their ice cream is probably not proprietary, and is most likely a purchased mix which they add to their machines, and could possibly be the same mix available at other soft serve serving restaurants, but, believe me, it's the best.  And it's the best to the point that I will not eat a soft serve ice cream cone from anywhere else because of the crushing disappointment I feel when it doesn't taste like the ice cream from Erie Drive-In.  [Full disclosure, I have eaten soft serve ice cream from Dairy Queen, in the form of a Blizzard, and I've made a Wendy's chocolate Frosty do from time to time as it's a 45 minute drive from my house to Stratford, and Erie Drive-In is open from April - (Canadian) Thanksgiving long weekend only.]

Before I continue, I feel like I need to verify my ice cream tasting credentials for you.  One Saturday, a number of years ago, when my middlest was in a ball tournament in Stratford, all I ate was ice cream cones.  I had five of them.  That's my record.  I've achieved three at tournaments before and after that, and two is basically a given if I'm going to be in Stratford for any length of time.  And, it's always the same order.....a Zebra Cone.

Now, if you're wondering what the frick a Zebra Cone is, you're probably not alone.  Heck, if you Google 'Zebra Cone' you won't even find out what I'm meaning, especially since this....


...is one of the first images that appears (which is completely awesome, but not relevant to this narrative).  Erie Drive-In is the only place I've ever heard it called a Zebra Cone.  It's more commonly referred to as a Swirl or Twist Cone.  You know, one of the ones where the ice cream is half vanilla and half chocolate... and all delicious.

Getting your cone dipped is not only an option, but an encouraged option (though I do allow myself only one dipped cone per day....which does seem to be a ridiculous limit to impose on someone who has no problem gobbling up multiple cones in a 24 hour time span).  Erie Drive-In has all manner of dipping options including the standard chocolate and butterscotch, to the more adventurous cotton candy or birthday cake to the one I always get....wait for it.....

Peanut Butter. 

And it is glorious.  Especially since the peanut butter dip isn't too thick, coz it's needs to allow soft ice cream to dip into it after all, so it's all the peanut butter taste, with none of the stick-to-the-roof-of-your-mouth texture.  Also, since the dip is warm it makes the ice cream a little more melty and that much creamier.  I'm telling you, My Friends, it doesn't get much better than that. 

Now, you're probably wondering with all this talk of ice cream, did I have time to make something that included ice cream?  I sure did.....


As you can see, I did not make this lil one's ice cream a Peanut Butter Dipped Zebra Cone.  It is hard ice cream, after all, not soft serve.  But, I did cover it in Stickles so it looks all glittery and delicious though.  Digi is from Mo's Digital Pencil.

So, why not give our challenge a go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made. 

Also for:

Classic Design Challenge:  anything goes
Crafts Galore Encore:  anything goes
Mix It Up:  anything goes
QKR Stampede:  anything goes
Creative Crafters:  anything goes
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie:  inspirational image
Colour Crazy:  anything goes
Crafty Catz:  anything goes
Creative Fingers:  anything goes
Ellibelle's:  anything goes
TTCRD:  anything goes
Cutie Pie:  little cuties
Corrosive:  anything goes
We Love Stamping:  hot sunny colours
As You Like It:  warm or cool colours - I like 'em both but I think I prefer warm colours.  They seem to pop more.
Aud Sentiments:  anything goes
Craft Rocket:  summertime
Simon Says:  for a child
Fab 'n' Funky:  anything goes
Addicted to Stamps:  any occasion

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! ...even the background paper is perfect! I don't have any cones in my pantry but I think I'm going to have a bowl of ice cream with a spoonful of peanut butter...for breakfast ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, you are funny and I love your descriptions of your favourite cones and cream..mine is just cold and lactose free!!!..how boring..love your fabulous card and cute sentiment, and it is so true too..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the coloring-what a cute little image! And, your background papers work so perfectly-great card! Thanks for playing with us at the Mix It Up Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun and so colourful, many thanks for sharing and joining us at We Love Stamping July challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card with a cute image and great sentiment, thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab;n;Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card - love that sentiment! We can get chocolate/vanilla swirl cones from a local ice cream shop but I've never tried it with peanut butter dip - might have to next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, man, I missed this challenge by a week! One of last week's posts would have been perfect. Now, about your Zebra cone...OMG! I ADORE peanut butter. It is an essential food item for me. I can only imagine the awesome taste of that Zebra cone. I don't think I could get a soft serve cone anywhere but Ikea around here, or maybe one of the yogurt places in Geneva. But, it wouldn't be dipped in peanut butter, I know that. Now...on to the card...love it! Your image is super cute and I especially like the sentiment (which is all too true!). A very entertaining post here, my friend. You made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet little girl and your coloring is as always fabulous !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  9. A peanut butter dipped cone??? I'm in and wishing it wasn't 10pm and to late for ice cream (well, I don't have any ice cream, but I have a salted caramel gelato which also sounds pretty good right now). As for your card, it is darling! I love the sparkles and she is just as cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and wonderful card, love it. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card! Love the quote on it!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2 hours and 54 minutes from my place to Erie Drive-in. It sounds worth it. I've already decided I'll get a peanut butter dipped vanilla soft serve cone. Perhaps two, given that it seems fine in that area to have multiple cones a day.

    Your card is fabulous. I absolutely love that sentiment. So true!! And your glittery hard ice cream cone looks fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great image and I love that sentiment too!

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.