Monday, October 18, 2010

Pretty Postcard

Woo hoo! My crafting mojo was flowing freely this past weekend and I made a number of cards. And I actually like them all too!

This one here was definitely out of my comfort zone. When I surfing around challenge sites I saw this



sketch at Posh Designs. I did what I usually do when I see a sketch that's out of my talent league, I snorted and moved on. But then I kept going back to it. (It is a really cool sketch.) Finally I sat down and gave it a go.




Not my usual, but it turned out okay.

For:

Posh Designs: sketch
One Stitch at a Time: embellish it
Colour Throwdown: poppy parade, chocolate chip, pear pizazz & so saffron
Crafty Creations: show a number (I know they're small, but they're there on the postcard.)
Penny's: so long as it flies
Delightful Challenges: metal mania
Paper Cutz: anything goes
Allsorts: Lets play bingo - brads, lace, pearls
City Crafter: take flight
The Shabby Tea Room: photo inspiration
AiFactory: animals

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous card!! love those little birds ... thanks so much for joining us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the layout for Posh and I hope to do a card too. Yours is really beautiful! Your stamps are wonderful! I love the colors you used and the fibers too!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice image and I love all the little details! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, this is pretty! I love the softness of it - thanks for playing along with Crafty Creations this week - and though your numbers are small they still COUNT! HE he!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, love all the detail.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love how you have interpreted the sketch. I am glad you could enter our challenge at OSAAT this week.
    Luv Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, love the image, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you decided to create with the sketch! great job and thanks for entering this week at Aifactory
    -Tammy DT Lead

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely image and pretty creation ... thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful project and great work Thank you for playing along with our theme at OSAAT Please pop back along play our prize winning game Very bottom of our blog post under girls cards Its fun and easy Two prizes to win and Good luck with our prize draw on Sunday too for more goodies with J sheen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card.. Love the birds. Thank you for playing along on Delightful Challenges. Huggles, Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card, and I love this birds stamp. thanks for joining DS.

    Hugs, Rosalien

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an uber sweet take on the sketch! Thank you so much for playing along with us over @ PDSS! ~ Nini xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I that that stamp!!!! It's so cute!!!! Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.