Sunday, January 1, 2012

Anything Goes @ UnstampaBelles

I was quite happy when I learned that I had made the Design Team at UnstampaBelles Challenges. It's a good fit for me seeing as a lot of the cards I make don't actually have stamps on them. And that's what UnstampaBelles is all about, papercrafting without using stamps.

And, it's easy! There's lots of ways you can make cards without stamps. I do it all the time. (For some examples check out this post, aptly titled "UnstampaBelles" from July of last year.)

And how did I do it this time? Why just like this:



See some pp, twine, Thickers and star embellies and I've got a stamp-free birthday card for my son who is celebrating his 9th this month.

So, why not turn your craft desk into a stamp-free zone for one card at least and enter the "Anything Goes" challenge at UnstampaBelles? You have until February 3rd to do so and you'll have the chance to win a great prize package from Merry Made Store.

And if you need some more inspiration, head over to the challenge site and check out all the great projects the other dt members have come up with.

Also for:

4 Crafty Chicks: something new - got that twine for Christmas
Charisma Cardz: anything goes
Moving Along With The Times: music/retro related
Shopping Our Stash: tie it up
Top Tip Tuesday: anything goes
If the Shoe Fits: use up your stash - old star embellis...like close to 2 years old!
Pile It On: anything goes
The Squirrel & the Fox: something new - twine
Here Come the Boys: rock 'n roll

24 comments:

  1. This is fab, nice and funky! Thanks for joining us at charisma Cardz this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic male card....great papers and wonderful embellishing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect male card - the colors are great and I loved your design layout. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Pile it On this week, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Jan, I must admit I sometimes feel lost without an image but you make it look easy. Congrats on your 2 new DT's....I never had any doubts we'd be seeing you over at LRW! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your DT positions! Love your card. It is nice to see more challenge blogs are cropping up that don't require stamping!!

    Your work is a good example of why that trend is popular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Male Card!!
    Love th design
    Thanks so much for joining us and sharing your talent with us at PIO
    ~~Lorianna DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card for a 9 year old boy - he'll love it I am sure. Thank you so much for sharing with us at The Squirrel and The Fox. Happy New Year!
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I am frightened to think to make a card without stamping. Think I might go crazy trying. You have done a FAB job! Loving the stars and your sparkly "Dude".

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Top Tip Tuesday.

    Hugs and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a brilliant fun modern card
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jan,

    Happy New Year 2012! Health! Prosperity! Creativity!

    Very original card ! I like ! Modern design ! I like ! Continue like that, I LIKE !!!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats and all of your cards are great..thks for taking the time to share..all the best to you in the new year..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Dude Card! Fab colours! Thank you for playing at Here Come The Boys Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card. I am sure your son will appreciate it. I often make my cards without any stamps. I will enjoy following your journey with this team.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is a super card, I really like it. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this fortnight, Wishing you a lovely 2012, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this! Great background paper, love the twine, the title rocks and the stars are the perfect touch. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabby paper and awesome birthday card. thank you so much for sharing your something new with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Wow! Cool! (Can you tell that i am spending way too much time with my kids at the moment)

    (Read this in your mature voice) This is an inspiring card that shows a creative layout, careful thought and perfect embellishments.

    ... and it is sooooo cool too. Fab card dude! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for playing along at Pile It On this week. Love the card Without an Image. This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card...I love the freedom you get from using NO Stamps on a card...

    ReplyDelete
  20. fun card! do you like not stamping? It's one of my favorite things to do.
    thanks for playing with us at Pile It On,.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cool! Love the stars and the papers too!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great funky card for a little boy, I actually know a few big boys that would adore this!! I too also make a lot of cards without stamps, so now I am off to check out unstambelles challenges!
    Oh congrats on making the DT.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.