Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Stay Cool! @ Little Red Wagon

  This week at


it's Brenda's turn to choose the challenge and she's saying, "Stay Cool!" which just means she wants to see projects showing ways to stay cool....like swimming, fans, being in the shade or.....


....burying yourself in sorbet, like this bunny did!  He's even got an umbrella (paper-pieced to add dimension) to add shade.  And, I've got some popsicles on that patterned paper too, as well using the actual challenge theme as the sentiment.....being extra DTy this week, I am!

I've actually has this digi for ageeeeeeeees, I bought it from Zlatoena Designs on Etsy.  Her shop is not active at the moment but I know she designs for The Cat's Pajamas.  Let me see if this is stamp is available there.....well, I don't see this digi in particular but there are a number of other ones featuring this sweet bunny [including him holding a very impressive (aka JanR-sized) ice cream cone!] so I'll link to there anyhow.

Maybe you could help me settle something with myself, Dear Readers.  Are those straws or cookies in that green sorbet?  Originally, I thought they were straws....but then didn't really think you'd have straws in a bowl of ice cream/sorbet.....so this time I decided that they are cookies (as I believe the last time I coloured up this digi yeeeeeeeears ago I made them out to be straws)....'cept they're awfully skinny to be cookies.  Certainly not JanR-sized cookies, that's for sure.

Why not give our challenge at go this week and join us?  And, if you'd like more inspiration, be sure to check out what the Girlfriends have made.

Also for:

Unicorn Challenge:  summer time
Cutie Pie:  paper piecing
Use Your Stuff:  summer fun
Time Out:  hungry

15 comments:

  1. What a cute cute bunny in all the summer fun.
    Thanks for sharing at 'Use Your Stuff' hope to see you again.
    Dawn/DTeam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, super cute summer card, Jan!!! I vote for cookies! But, I think you could make them straws if you were so inclined. Hope all is well with you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cute image and colouring Jan,I could go an ice cream sundae any time of year..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cool and delicious card. Love the fun ice cream and your cute bunny hiding out. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely summery card and cute paper pieced umbrella. Thank you for joining in at the Cutie Pies. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love! This is absolutely scrumptious x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That has to be the best way to stay cool!!!

    Thanks for playing along with my cool it down challenge at MAWTT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  8. My vote is for tuiles! Far more delicious than a straw would ever be.

    And that bunny!! Such an adorable image! The paper-pieced umbrella is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is THIS! And fabulous colouring too. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - DT Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jan

    What a great card .. .. .. and a lovely way to keep cool!

    To put you out of your misery, you could call it a straw as you could suck melted sorbet or ice-cream through it, but most folk can't leave them until the end and eat them first LOL!! It is a hollow rolled biscuit .. .. called a Pirouline. The inside is coated with chocolate and they are super scrummy!

    Hope all is good at your end.

    Love Jules xx


    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel cooler just looking at this cutie! One of my fav TCP images for sure. Hmmmm, I'd rather it be a cookie, but honestly never thought about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, thanks for sharing with us at Cutie Pie

    ReplyDelete
  13. A real summer card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really cute image - love the papers too.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi again Jan, I used to follow you waaaay back when (I've just returned to blogging / card making after a long absence) and I came over to comment for my DT but I'm staying as I remember loving your cards and enjoying your 'chats'! The cards still look gorgeous - and your chat still makes me laugh but you had me at Loki season 2 - love that (and most Marvel) show!! You've got yourself a new follower!

    Sarah

    P.S. I agree with Jules, rolled up biscuit, even nicer when lined with hazelnut / choc! Very more-ish!

    Sarah R

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.