Saturday, December 3, 2011

Is that a Centre Step Card?!?

Why yes, it is. Thank you for noticing. And something almost miraculous happened when I was making it. I had to use only one piece of cardstock to make the base, which meant I actually made the proper cuts and scores the very first time - that's unheard of! And to top it off I uttered absolutely no swear words during the whole construction of this card. Also extremely shocking seeing as this was not your standard card.

'Tis the season for wonderous events, I guess.



Digi is a freebie from Bugaboo Stamps.

For:

Catch the Bug: Twelve Days of Christmas Day 1 - use a tree
Stamp and Create: centre step or easel card
Cards for Men: fancy folds
Stamptacular: anything Christmas
Come and Get It: centre step card
Do You Stack Up?: ribbon
Crimbo-Crackers: Santa
Colour Create: red, green & white
Digital Tuesday: go green
City Crafter: Santa Claus is coming
Scrapbook Sisters: anything goes
Stamp-N-Doodle: red and green + one other colour (white)
Tuesday Throwdown: masculine card
Crafty Ann's: tic tac toe - red, tree, ribbon
Simply Create Too: all about Christmas
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle: holiday card
Craft Your Days Away: buttons or bows

25 comments:

  1. Stunning card, love the papers and the image, Thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week

    Hugs Winnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Jan, it's come out beautifully, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Jan! Congratulations on making this step card so perfectly. Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see your wonderful work again next week.
    NanaConnie TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Christmas card!

    Glad that you could join us for the challenge this week at CGI.

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas card is adorable.. Love the Santa image.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and fun project, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love the folding. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you kidding me! No swear words at all! Get away!!!
    Love the papers (cause I have them too) and that check ribbon (cause that is my favourite)
    Ooooops, it is not about me is it!

    This is a *@$!$^%$& great card!
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! perfect for the challenge ... thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cutie Jan, gorgeous card
    thanks for joining our challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda
    DYSU DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job, too! I like that diamond paper. Thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb card! You made me laugh...no swearing whilst making it, eh? Well done you! Fabulous work.
    Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful creation. Fabulous design and
    lovley use of our colours:-))
    Thanks for joining in with us over at Colour Create.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. I do love those center stepper cards. I can tell you put a lot time into this creation. Thank you for entering Stamp n doodle's Challenge this week. Looking forwarding to seeing more of your work. Cheers Lynne Stamp n doodle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't you love when a card can come together without having to re-do it two or three times? I love how you angled the image and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowzers Jan!! What a super fantastic card. I'm so impressed by what you did with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool card! Love how you tied the ribbon-it looks amazing! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card!!! Love the image and that fabulous bow.

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just DARLING! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have the instructions written down - and check all the time ;-)

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hehe - don't think I'd have done so well - my measuring is always wrong and I swear a lot!! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete
  22. Who cares if it's a Centre (Are you from the UK? ;) card, or not - It's absolutely fabulous! I love the mix of patterns! Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's Twelve Days of Christmas Day 1 challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the technique. Thanks so much for playing along with Bugaboo at Catch the Bug

    ReplyDelete
  24. fantastic card Jan, I love love love that cute santa...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge hope to see you next time too
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have made a lovely card which fits our challenge well. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Crafty Ann's Design Team xxx PS Wishing you and your family a Happy Christmas and all the very best for 2012

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.