Sunday, January 8, 2012

Working Ahead

Yep, that's what I've been doing with my crafting since the big Christmas crafting rush ended, working ahead. This card all started when I saw that Tiddly Inks was having a sale on their new character Wryn. And since I couldn't possible choose which one of her to buy, I bought the whole set.

Then, I mistakenly printed out (birthday) Wryn instead of Wryn - Close To My Heart which I was planning on using for a Valentine's Day card. So instead, I ended up making a birthday card for my daughter whose birthday isn't until April.

And I used to be a total procrastinator. (Well, I totally still am when it comes to housework.)



Hmmmmm.....some crafters are so darn good at clumping (Yes, clumping doesn't exactly convey an image of prettiness I know, but that's what I refer to it as. Keep reading and you'll see that "clumping" ain't so bad.) together embellis. I'm decidedly not. My attempts always seem to look more like my embellishment basket ralphed on my card. *sigh*

For:

Tiddly Inks: celebrations
If the Shoe Fits: old stash - all the paper
Simply Create Too: layers, layers and more layers
Art Impressions Stamps: anything goes
Aud Sentiments: any sentiment + use your scraps
Some Odd Girl: bling
My Mum's Craft Shop: something new - digi
Stamp-N-Doodle: anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday: anything goes
The Pink Elephant: anything goes
Truly Madly Crafty: anything goes
Cupcake Craftroom: anything goes
Critter Challenge: celebrations
Pollycraft: punch it
Sweet Stampin': spots & dots
Challenge Up Your Life: bingo - lace, buttons & pearls OR flowers, buttons & sparkle ;)
One Stop Craft Shop: bingo - distressing, lace & flowers OR distressing, pearls/gems & embossing OR pearls/gem, die cuts/punches & OR embossing, die cuts/punches & flowers (Yep, I'm being a show off. ;) )
The Squirrel & The Fox: something new - digi
CES Challenges: anything goes
One Stitch at a Time: 3 embellishments
Sentimental Sundays: blue & glitter + a sentiment
Gingerloft: anything goes
Catered Crop: buttons
Dream Valley: anything goes

54 comments:

  1. LOVE this card...Love the soft blue pastel colors!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week.

    Hugs,
    Calyspo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty birthday card lovely girlie colours and your 3 embellishments just finish off your card lovely. Thanks for playing along at One Stitch at a Time this week.
    Carol Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely...the colors are so soft and pretty! :) The coloring itself is just right! :)
    And I gotta say...that is an incredible job of meeting a TON of challenges!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so sweet Jan and the colours are so pretty. Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES & Dream Valley challenges
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I love the blue.

    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute little girl--FAB colouring! I especially love the hint of blue along the edges of your die!
    Hugs, Tammy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super adorable!! Love the soft colours. The doily is really pretty. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very sweet card.Lovely colours. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jan...you make me laugh...the highlight of my day...is reading your funny blog. Lovely card even if you don't like the clumping it looks great to me. Keep it up.
    Cute stamp too and wonderful colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with OSCC this week! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully put together, really gorgeous card, thanks so much for joining us at CES this week, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  12. just coloured one of these have to make the card..love your card and your colouring is great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous coloring on this card for your daughter and ahead of time too...WTG!
    I love that you've created a word for my inability. "Clumping" absolutely my evil nemesis in card making. I hope to evolve from ralphing in this new year. :)

    Thank you for a WONDERFUL and humorous entry into our challenge at Top Tip Tuesday and The Squirrel & The Fox!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really sweet. You know your daughter will love it and your 'clumping' looks just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fantastic card! Great pastel colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know what you mean about clumping. Some people making it look so easy. All I try to remember is to keep odd numbers 3, 5 or 7, that is SUPPOSE to make it look natural and not just random.

    Good to see you around the blogashpere. Love the aqua colours you chose here, beautifully done.

    Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inks - Celebration Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had a really good laugh about your "clumping" description because I think I don't do it very well either! I think your card looks wonderful with all the embellishments & I love the embossed background too! Love this image will definitely be off to check out the new Tiddly Ink images! Thanks for playing along with us this week in our "celebration" challenge over at Critter Sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful card. love it

    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week, hope you join us next time too.

    my little scrappingcorner
    DT One Stitch At A Time

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful card Jan....the colours you have used are so pretty. I like your clumping...something I have not managed to be able to do.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very lovely card, so adorable and I love all the blues. Thank you for joining us at Stamp n doodle.

    ReplyDelete
  21. well, missus, i think i'm going to have to respectfully disagree on the subject of your "clumping" skills... which i find excellent... altho i do think we should think of a better verb, since that one sorta sounds like a complication after surgery! :) :) :)

    also quite in awe of your COLORING SKILLS, for that matter, and i just basically love ALL the cute stuff you've combined together on this lovely card! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. seriously..this is so freakin cute

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautifyl card! Thanks for playing along at OSCC this week and good luck!
    Hugs, Ani

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty Card. Love it.
    Thanks for joining us @ Sentimental Sundays Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so very pretty!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gosh, absolutely adorable. I love the soft colors and the embellies are perfect. Thanks for playing with us at Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh this is so so so cute! I absolutely love the pastel shades, works so well with this Wryn, thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just adorable. Loving the soft colours with the gorgeous Wryn. Works beautifully. Thanks for joining us at MMCS.
    Trudiexx

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is adorable Jan! I love the soft colours and I think your 'clumping' looks fabulous!

    Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  30. Personally, I think that you 'clumped' really well on this card.
    Naturally I have extensively researched this topic and if you would like my expert and highly thought about and researched theory behind the 'clumping' technique - I will share with it you.

    Stick em on.

    Sssshhh - dont tell anyone else - it will be our secret :))

    You make me laugh. hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Jen, your card is so sweet. Love the soft colors. Thank you for playing along with us at SOG. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wowsers! That is a lot of challenges. Love your birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  33. omgosh wow!! this is stunning! love the blues too.
    thankyou for sharing it with the tiddly inkers this week
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love how you used the doily in the background, nice touch and pretty color combo. Thanks for joining in this week at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, such a cutie! I like the colourcombo and all those little details! Great piece of art :)
    Thanks for joining us at Challenge up your life!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great card. Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such a cute image and coloured so beautifully too. Love the colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful card. Love this blue colour.. Cute image, lovely flowers with buttons. Great Job!!
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Spots and Dots” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm voting for clumping, this looks far too good to be ralphing. :) Thank you so much for joining us at The Squirrel & The Fox, I hope to see you there again soon.
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is a beautiful card with a gorgeous image, lovely colours! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cupcake Craftroom this month, good luck and hope to see you again soon. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Bingo What a pretty card, love your colour choice & image, thank you for playing along at OSCC. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with our use 3 embellishments challenge over at OSAAT and good luck. Hugs Julie

    ReplyDelete
  44. I understand what you mean about clumping, however I think your 'clump' looks lovely, very pretty indeed on a totally gorgeous card! Love the colours. Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Cute card. No 'ralphing' noticed! LOL.
    Thanks for playing our "Anything Goes" at GingerLoft Challenges.

    :) Gale

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is fab and I think your 'clumping' is great!

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge and don't forget we also give a prize to the best Top Tipper - see TTT for details on how to win!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gorgeous card, such a sweet image lovely coloured! Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Craftroom.

    Good luck!

    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  48. A real little beauty. Thanks for playing along with us in the Cupcake Craftroom. Good Luck! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your card is precious! Thank you for stopping by and playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Pretty card. Great use of your scraps. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beautiful! Love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  52. This card is so adorable! Great image, and beautiful, soft colouring.
    Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.