Friday, March 23, 2012

Waaaaaay Too Much Crackle Accents

But it was my first time using them so I at least have an excuse. Hmmmm....I guess I could pretend that I did it on purpose because that's how I wanted the card to look.

Now that's a plan. Just go ahead and ignore all those sentences above.



It's gotta be mailed so I was trying to keep it as flat a possible. Digi was a freebie from Beccy's Place.

For:

Love To Create: anything goes
The Kraft Journal: anything goes + kraft
Tuesday Throwdown: hoarded stash - that dp is o.l.d.
The Sisterhood of Crafters: birthdays
My Mum's Craft Shop: use a digi
Paper Pretties: try a new technique
Stamping For the Weekend: anything goes
Crafty Purple Frog: anything goes
Crafty Ribbons: birthday
Raise the Bar: in the garden
Cardmadfairy: add a sentiment

17 comments:

  1. ...this is gorgeous...loVely texture & crackle technique...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a golden rule when it comes to craft and funnily enough - it only applies to craft items.

    "It is not possible to have too much of anything".

    Okay, perhaps not a golden rule, maybe not even a silver rule, more like a cloudy greyish sort of rule made up by me. But I like it. (he he)

    Gorgeous card and great crackle! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Purple Frog this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card Jan, and I definitely don't think it's too much crackle. I love the vintage look you achieve by applying the medium so heavily... in fact, I think I might have to borrow your idea! Thanks for sharing your work with me.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan, that is such a great card, the crackle is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh just love that crackle its looks amazing with the background,papers,and that gorgeous image you have used,love Cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabby card !!!!
    thanks for joining in at Cardmadfairy's digi days in our Add a sentiment challenge,
    hugs sandra dt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this technique! What a fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Consider it ignored....def. not too much crackle, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really Cool Card. I personally LOVE all the crackle!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Create Challenge This Week!! Stop back and see us again soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love anything crackled! Looks great Jan. And way to use that burlap too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the crackle detail as well as the burlap panel! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully created with all the texture! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Love to Create challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it looks perfect. Love the crackle effect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. stunning card and the crackle looks fab thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for joining in with the Crafty Ribbons Challenge, hope to see you next time.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.