Thursday, September 6, 2012

I. Got. Published. (I know! I was shocked too!)

Have you heard about Designed To Color? Well, if you haven't go check it out. It's a fairly new magazine (in print and digital copy) devoted to colouring. And it showcases all kinds of colouring not just Copics.

Well, back in...gosh I guess it was probably May....I submitted a couple of cards for their call for the June/July issue and they were accepted! Let me tell you, I was über, über-excited.

They ask that you wait for 30 days after the magazine has been published before you post your card online. I waited a bit longer....until their August/September was published (which you can get here).

Anyhoo, here is one of those cards.....



Digi is from Teddy Bo.

And, of course I want to enter it in some challenges too.

Teddy Bo Challenge: anything goes
Dream Valley: something old - buttons, punch, twine; something new - paper was new at the time
Here Come The Boys: teddy bears
No Matter Which Challenge: punches and/or dies
Pink Gem Challenge: a boy thing
Ooh-La-La: teddy bear antics
The Crazy Challenge: seeing spots
The Pink Elephant: use patterned paper
By the Cute & Girly: boys/men
Ladybug Crafts: anything goes
Natalie & Amy Challenges: anything goes
Unique Crafters: anything goes
Papertake Weekly: anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday: birthday gifts
Papelitos Stamps: anything goes
Crafty Sentiments: male cards
Creative Craft: all about the boys
Perfect Sentiments: all creatures great and small
My Mum's Craft Shop: anything goes
Do You Stack Up?: birthdays

53 comments:

  1. Such a cute and brillaint card good luck with the Here come the Boys #35 - Teddy Bears challenge. Hugs Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well......congratulations to you Isn't it just a wonderful feeling.
    Your card is soooo beautiful, love your colouring and great colour combo.
    Thanks for joining in the challenge at Teddy Bo and good luck.

    Hugs, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, Super card! Love the colours and FAB Teddy Bo image.

    Thanks for joining us at Natalie and Amy's Challenge.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not shocked at all, your cards are always gorgeous! And this one is no exception! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how wonderful thanks for sharing your card with us at the perfect sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh he is a real cutie. And love the design. Thank you for joining as at Here Comes The Boys Challenge.Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh - this is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've used such great DPs for this card, and the pennants look fantastic! Love the image - I've got it too - and the design is absolutely fab. A great male card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous...

    Thanks for joining in at Gem of a challenge & good luck!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow !! Published that awesome and I can see why this card is great. Thanks for joining us at the Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Jan!! So deserved. Your cards and your colouring as always amazing. Go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet! Congrats on the pub! That's fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy snap! Published...that's so wonderful! A HUGE congrats to you, you totally deserve it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Big congrats on getting published!! I can see why-the card is fabulous!


    Thanks for playing with us @ The Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulation on getting published.
    Your card is so fantastic. Thanks for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.
    Hugs, Uta

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on being published :0)
    Wow what a cute Teddy Bo card, I love how you have coloured him and made his tummy look soooo round lol!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Teddy Bo's Challenge.
    Love Clairebears x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply lovely card! Such a sweet image! I love the die cut bunting too, a great design!
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute. I luv this.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card, I just love that image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at NMW challenges and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Like the cute Bear card with the wonderful banners. Thank you for entering Perfect Sentiments Ch All Creatures Great & Small.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Perfect Sentiments Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats honey altho I'm not surprised- your makes are always fab! Love this fun guy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on being published! I love the colors, mix of papers and sweet image on this fab card. Thanks for joining our birthday bash at Top Tip Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well done for getting published how very exciting x What a fabulous card - perfect for our anything goes challenge over at MMCS - thanks for playing along & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on being published :-) I love your card (who doesn't love Teddy Bo?!), great layout and embellies too. All round perfect card for the Teddy challenge at Here Come The Boys Thanks for joining in, good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations, Jan! This is a fantastic card and I love the little bear. It's wonderful that you chose to play along in our "All Creatures Great and Small" challenge at the Perfect Sentiment this week. Hope to see you again soon.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on being published!!! I have yet to see this mag ... I desperately want to though!

    Gorgeous card!

    Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous project with us over at Creative Craft Challenges.
    xoxoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  27. Not shocked here iether....well deserved. wonderful card as always!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome card and I AM NOT SCHOCKED YOU ARE A GREAT COLOURER..love your work..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on being published! I love this card - so cutely colored and the pattern paper looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a lovely card!

    Thanks for joining in at Creative Crafts this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful coloring of an adorable image. Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really love this card, great image! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  33. absolutely darling. congrats on the publishing and thanks for sharing @ the perfect sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hahahaha... okay so now I'm going to go and change my "leave comment" bit on my blog - you know that right?...

    Oh yes.. your card!! Ho hum.. :0)

    Love it... well done on being published too.. fabby and so well deserved don't know why you'd be shocked at all..

    I remember your card (I subscribe to the paper edition.)

    Thank you so much for joining us at Teddy Bo this fortnight..

    Hugs,
    Krafty Karen.. DT for Teddy Bo.xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Jan, what a fabulous card and a great big congrats for getting published.

    Thanks for joining in with us this time at Dream Valley.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh what a cutie .. Thanks for joining us at Crafty sentiments this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Well done for getting published!!! so sorry I'm a bit behind with commenting - Thanks for playing along with us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs, Good luck and hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous card and one of my favourite colours! Thank you for sharing with us at the Teddy Bo Challenge. DT Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations on being published - fabulous card and thanks for playing along with the Perfect Sentiment Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  40. He is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us at The Teddy Bo Challenge :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow gorgeous card not surprised you got published congratulations
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congratulations!! And what a great card - love the layout and those papers - Bo looks great stood in his circle
    Hugs
    Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wowwwww this is so beautiful, I adore that cute image also the wonderful colours and design, superb creation, thank you for joining our challenge at OLLCB
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm back again to comment for my other DT!! This is a corker of a card and I wish you luck with your entry! Thank you for sharing your fab work with us at Here Come The Boys! Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such a beautiful card! Thank you for playing at Natalie & Amy's Challenge!xx

    ReplyDelete
  46. Congrats on getting published, Jan!! That is AWESOME POSSUM! And, thank you for letting me know about this publication...I had never heard of it before. Your card is Fabalicious, as always. I just love your style--from your color choices to layout design and everything in between. <3

    ReplyDelete
  47. WOW...your card is just wonderful...love the colours and the details and the design is fantastic :0)))

    Thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo ;0)

    Hugs nicole

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful card . Thanks for joining in with the Teddy Bo challenge.
    Hugs Sonia xx

    ReplyDelete
  49. Congrats on being published!. Gorgeous card and image. Love the banners. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  50. Fab card, can see why they loved your colouring. Thanks for joining us at By The Cute And Girly this month, hope to see you on Monday for the new challenge.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  51. Published!! That's amazing Jan. Congrats! I can see why....your cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, so ever since I started my blog (well, maybe not right from the get-go, it was probably a good six months or so before I realized you could change it from just "Leave your comment") I've tried to come up with something witty to type here.

*sitting with brow furrowed in concentration*...*staring at the ceiling while pursing lips*...*resting with head on hand while tapping foot*...

Nope, I still got nothing.